Who Doesn't Love a Classic? discussion

Curtain (Hercule Poirot, #44)
This topic is about Curtain
CLASSIC Reviews - 2017 > Curtain by Agatha Christie 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin Captain Arthur Hastings had been asked to join is very old friend, Hercules Poirot, at the site of the first murder Hastings saw Poirot solve. In addition, Hastings' favourite daughter, Julia, will be there. Poirot mystifies Hastings by telling him that someone he will only refer to as X is there, and that he has murdered five times before. Hastings is to try and find out who the intended victim is to try and stop the murder before it happens, but Hastings is flummoxed at the task.

This novel has my favourite twist of all of Christie's mysteries that I've read; I'm not even sure how many that is because I can't remember most of the titles I read while in high school, but I've read a fair number. Poirot mysteries were the ones on my parents' shelves; I learned about Miss Marple much later. What's the twist? Avoid all spoilers and read the book yourself. If you can't help but read the ending before you're done, get it on audio so you can't see ahead; this book will be well worth the wait.

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 209 comments Mod
I haven't read this one ... but I just love the Hercule Poirot series.