Call the Coroner (Staniel, #1) Call the Coroner discussion

BR with Karen, Josy, Ele and Christelle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 403 (403 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Christelle Very good reviews so far ;-) Let's get to this intense and hot book together !!

Karen I'll see you at noon.
description
Ok this is totally us...a beautiful well lit room...all those windows how can it not be, right? And a glass of wine...white wine my fav!

Josy Hi, ladies :)

I'm stocking up on tissues, chocolate, and I've already warned Porter that I'll probably need him :)

This looks very cozy and comfortable, Karen!! Just what we need for this book :)

Karen Josy wrote: "Hi, ladies :)

I'm stocking up on tissues, chocolate, and I've already warned Porter that I'll probably need him :)

This looks very cozy and comfortable, Karen!! Just what we need for this book :)"

Right...I do believe this was totally karma because I was looking for something unrelated to our buddy saw this and went...'Yes, copy and paste, please' lol. It worked too well to pass up. I'm the one sitting on the window ledge with the grey hair because we all know I am the old lady of group. I have no problem with naming it and claiming on that one.

Simone Hey, ladies!

I hope you are all well prepared for this! ;-) Have fun! Well, fun might be too strong a word *cough*, but there are fun times, too. ;-)

Karen Simone wrote: "Hey, ladies!

I hope you are all well prepared for this! ;-) Have fun! Well, fun might be too strong a word *cough*, but there are fun times, too. ;-)"

Will you be stalking ...err..uumm...I mean visiting us. Because you know we lurve your company anytime we can get it, right?

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Hey, ladies!

I hope you are all well prepared for this! ;-) Have fun! Well, fun might be too strong a word *cough*, but there are fun times, too. ;-)"

Will you be stalking ...err...."

I just sent Josy an email. ;-) I might poke my head in here sporadically, but I don't get any notifications since last night. Again! *grr* So it's a bit arduous to check the site regularly, but I might do it from time to time. :) I hope I won't startle you when I suddenly pop up here. ;-)

Josy Karen wrote: "Right...I do believe this was totally karma because I was looking for something unrelated to our buddy saw this and went...'Yes, copy and paste, please' lol. It worked too well to pass up. I'm the one sitting on the window ledge with the grey hair because we all know I am the old lady of group. I have no problem with naming it and claiming on that one. .."

LOL! It's perfect :)

I'm ready whenever you are so just give the go-ahead and I'll start reading :)

Christelle Hello Karen, hello Simone : good company indeed and a nice setting (thank you, Karen, for taking such good care of us !!)

message 10: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "Hey, ladies!

There you are :)
Glad to see you and you know we love you stalking us, lol!

My notifications are fickle at best, too. They worked for a few days but now it's getting worse again.

Christelle hello Josy !!!

message 12: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "hello Josy !!!"

LOL! Hello, sweet Christelle :)

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "Hey, ladies!

There you are :)
Glad to see..."

Yeah, resending my email address didn't work either. I did it like 5 times now... *gah*

Simone See you later, ladies! <3

message 15: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "Yeah, resending my email address didn't work either. I did it like 5 times now... *gah*.."

Urgh... Then you are gonna get 5 emails with the request to verify your email address soon. Until then, there isn't anything you can do... I've tried 3 different email addresses by now because GR said it has to do with the provider or something but that's BS IMO. One of them worked for more than 2 years without any problems until it bounced every other week. It's so annoying!

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "Yeah, resending my email address didn't work either. I did it like 5 times now... *gah*.."

Urgh... Then you are gonna get 5 emails with the request to verify your email address soon..."

I know, last time I got it twice, too. :( More than annoying! We should suggest they buy a new server. *grr*

Karen Hi ladies, I'm here and ready to start. I need to take his majesty out but I am taking my e-reader with me and will let you know when I am back in front of my computer again and how far I got. So please let the fun begin and I shall be right back 5 10 minutes tops as muttster isn't a sun baby and that's all he can take. He'll keep me out side all day in a blizzard but a little sunshine has him running like a scared bunny...just my luck ;)

message 18: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy LOL! You can't help but love this little muttster ;)

Okay, let's begin. I was told that the beginning is the hard part and I'm anxious to get through it...

Christelle I couldn't say it better, Josy ;)

I've just begin and yes, I seem to remember Judith saying that the 20% first are the toughest. Also, with this author, I'm not sure I share the same meaning for tough, LOL !!

Karen Josy wrote: "LOL! You can't help but love this little muttster ;)

Okay, let's begin. I was told that the beginning is the hard part and I'm anxious to get through it..."

Excellent I am here and am at 6% but that's probably really only about 2 or maybe 3% in terms of the story since my Kobo starts tracking from the cover so it often includes stuff like the publishing rights, dedications and any other info that the publisher/author post pre-story.

Christelle That was a fast walk, Karen !! Welcome aboard. The beginning is very messy, but you know this author way better than Josy and me, so I guess you won't be surprised :-(

Simone Christelle wrote: "I couldn't say it better, Josy ;)

I've just begin and yes, I seem to remember Judith saying that the 20% first are the toughest. Also, with this author, I'm not sure I share the same meaning for t..."

Make it 25%! *waves*

Christelle Simone wrote: "Make it 25%! *waves* ..."

Thank for the great support, Simone !! **snort**

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Make it 25%! *waves* ..."

Thank for the great support, Simone !! **snort**"

LOL. That's why I'm here! ;-)

message 25: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Finished chapter 1 (that's 6% for me, by the way) and yeah... Pain will come...

Simone Josy wrote: "Finished chapter 1 (that's 6% for me, by the way) and yeah... Pain will come..."

I hope you already grabbed Porter?!

Karen Josy wrote: "Finished chapter 1 (that's 6% for me, by the way) and yeah... Pain will come..."

8% and yes it will. You're right Christelle I am very familiar with this author so really all I can say is 'buckle up ladies it's going to be a rough ride...good, but hella' rough.'

message 28: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "Josy wrote: "Finished chapter 1 (that's 6% for me, by the way) and yeah... Pain will come..."

I hope you already grabbed Porter?!"

I have! And I have a feeling I'm going to need him...

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "Josy wrote: "Finished chapter 1 (that's 6% for me, by the way) and yeah... Pain will come..."

I hope you already grabbed Porter?!"

I have! And I have a feeling I'm going to need hi..."

Yep! And lots of ice cream!!!

message 30: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "Yep! And lots of ice cream!!! ..."

Going to get this now :)

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "Yep! And lots of ice cream!!! ..."

Going to get this now :)"

Good girl! :) I have to read my own book now. I'll check later if you survived it. ;-)

message 32: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Happy reading, Simone!! And thanks for your support!!

Simone Josy wrote: "Happy reading, Simone!! And thanks for your support!!"

Thank, Josy, and anytime!!!! :) See you later! <3

Christelle Karen, Josy, please, don't hate me : I think I went on speed-read mode : I'm already at 16%. I guess I'm really eager to get to this 25% threshold !!! And so far, I don't see how anything good can come up from so much violence, pain, hate and revenge :-(

Karen Christelle wrote: "Karen, Josy, please, don't hate me : I think I went on speed-read mode : I'm already at 16%. I guess I'm really eager to get to this 25% threshold !!! And so far, I don't see how anything good can ..."

I'm at the beginning of Chapter 4 and need to pause for about 10 minutes so I can take care of some laundry. But carry on because I'll catch up if not before you both are read to stop for the day than after. Back soon.

message 36: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "Karen, Josy, please, don't hate me : I think I went on speed-read mode : I'm already at 16%. I guess I'm really eager to get to this 25% threshold !!! And so far, I don't see how anything good can ..."

Woah!!!!! How did you do that???
Lol, I could never hate you :)

I just hit 10% and oddly enough, I like it so far. Please don't ask what's wrong with me... Maybe I should get my head checked O.o

Christelle Josy wrote: "I just hit 10% and oddly enough, I like it so far. Please don't ask what's wrong with me... Maybe I should get my head checked O.o."

You're funny ;)
You should try her latest series then !!

Karen Josy wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Karen, Josy, please, don't hate me : I think I went on speed-read mode : I'm already at 16%. I guess I'm really eager to get to this 25% threshold !!! And so far, I don't see how..."

I think Christelle likes it too. I have the feeling we're all going to end up devouring this one.

Christelle Karen wrote: "I think Christelle likes it too. I have the feeling we're all going to end up devouring this one. ."

Busted ;) But I do crave my romance and my HEA, too !!!

message 40: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "You're funny ;)
You should try her latest series t..."

Funny?!

I am starting chapter 5 now and I even managed to eat a huge bowl of ice cream while reading... It's not that I enjoy reading about torture but this book is quite entertaining so far. I don't know what makes the difference to other books where I cringe and get sick while reading.

Karen AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! It's Syren, I lurve him sooooo much!!!!

message 42: by Josy (last edited Jun 02, 2017 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "Busted ;) But I do crave my romance and my HEA, too !!!"

I wonder how this will play out. I need to be convinced of a real HEA after what already happened. BUT you can already see the weird admiration, respect and fascination they both have for each other.

Karen Josy wrote: "Christelle wrote: "You're funny ;)
You should try her latest series t..."

Funny?!

I am starting chapter 5 now and I even managed to eat a huge bowl of ice cream while reading... It's not that I e..."

It's the writing stye. Avril Ashton writes her torture just that little bit differently than others. I'm still in chapter 4 but I don't believe I've got much more to go.

Christelle Karen wrote: "AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! It's Syren, I lurve him sooooo much!!!!"

I don't want to read the whole Brooklyn series (too many good series, no need for another one), but the book about Syren is really tempting !!

message 45: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Karen wrote: "AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! It's Syren, I lurve him sooooo much!!!!"

LOL! And I'm lost...

Karen I'm just starting chapter 5 now as well.

message 47: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Karen wrote: "I am starting chapter 5 now and I even managed to eat a huge bowl of ice cream while reading... It's..."

Maybe it's because they seem both so distanced and cold. It was totally different while reading Complementary Colors. That one really got to me but here, I can handle it quite well. So far... I don't know what more is to come. The move with (view spoiler)

Simone Hey, ladies! Just wanted to butt in before I go to bed to see how far you got. :) Seems like you are all enjoying it as much as I did... ;-)

message 49: by Josy (last edited Jun 02, 2017 12:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy 13% (view spoiler)

Wow, this guy has some balls, lol!

Karen Josy wrote: "Karen wrote: "AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! It's Syren, I lurve him sooooo much!!!!"

LOL! And I'm lost..."

Ok, quick history lesson. We first met Syren Rua in all his mantied glory back in the Brooklyn Sinners series and he's just an riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma and covered in awesomeness. I honestly don't even know how to explain him but he's like everywhere and knows things all the things and just about the time you think you have him pegged you don't and he surprises you constantly with what he knows, does and is involved in.

@Christelle, you can read Syren's book but truthfully the stories ties together so much I can't honestly say that any of them work as a standalone...sorry :(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9