Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

TV&Movie Crime,Mystery&Thriller > Cardinal - New series.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 4042 comments Mod
New series.
Disgraced detective John Cardinal is brought back into the heart of a Northern Ontario homicide investigation unit when the body of a 13-year-old girl, previously reported missing, is discovered in Algonquin Bay. Crime thriller, based on the John Cardinal Mysteries series by Canadian author Giles Blunt, starring Billy Campbell

Gets a good rating on review and they have already decided on a second series next year so could be ok. Can't say I know the author Giles Blunt though.

message 2: by Marianne (new)

Marianne Williams | 379 comments I saw this series already, broadcast in Canada Feb/March. I enjoyed this series. I will definitely watch the second season. I liked Billy Campbell in the lead role.

message 3: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments I have it taped and am looking forward to it.

message 4: by Mary (last edited Jun 04, 2017 06:41AM) (new)

Mary C | 174 comments I haven't seen this on US TV as yet but will now keep my eyes open for it! Surprisingly, my local library has a copy of the first book in the series so I might start there.

message 5: by David (new)

Marianne wrote: "I saw this series already, broadcast in Canada Feb/March. I enjoyed this series. I will definitely watch the second season. I liked Billy Campbell in the lead role."

Yes I did too Judith.

message 6: by David (new)

Well the company that made the first series which was based on Giles Blunt's "Forty Words For Sorrow" have decided they are doing a series two and three with both being 6 episodes.
The second season is to be based on Blunt's third John Cardinal novel, Black Fly Season, while the third is slated to be based on By the Time You Read This and Crime Machine, the fourth and fifth novels in the series.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary (broomemarygmailcom) Can someone tell me the actual name of this series? I could not find it in videos as The Cardinal or Forty words to sorrow.
Thanks

message 8: by David (new)

it was called Cardinal.

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary (broomemarygmailcom) David wrote: "it was called Cardinal."

HA...thanks David. I guess it isn't here yet. But new season of Endeavour starts tonight! Yippee.