Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

General A&A Discussion > Life after Dirk Pitt

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Hi everyone, I'm about halfway through the Dirk Pitt series (Clive Cussler) and I'm looking to what/who to read next. I've stocked up on Koontz, Patterson, Matthew Reilly, Jack Higgins and Ludlum. However I really don't know who to read next and any recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers.

message 2: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1962 comments Mod
Steve wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm about halfway through the Dirk Pitt series (Clive Cussler) and I'm looking to what/who to read next. I've stocked up on Koontz, Patterson, Matthew Reilly, Jack Higgins and Ludlum. ..."

Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series is what really got me interested in this genre. Some of my other favorites series are (Shane Schofield) by Matthew Reilly, (Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase) by Andy McDermott, and (Sigma Force) by James Rollins.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Tomamichel | 8 comments Lisa P beat me to it - I second her recommendation for Andy McDermott's series. His other one, The Persona Protocol is also good.

I also recommend Peter O'Donnell's Modesty Blaise series. Cracking reads, excellent action, fantastic bad guys.

David Morell also writes some good ones, especially if you like a touch of conspiracy theory and ancient religious groups mixed in.

message 4: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1962 comments Mod
Cindy wrote: "Lisa P beat me to it - I second her recommendation for Andy McDermott's series. His other one, The Persona Protocol is also good.

I also recommend Peter O'Donnell's Modesty Blaise series. Crackin..."

I read Morrell's The Brotherhood of the Rose quite a while ago and enjoyed it a lot, I keep meaning to read more of his stuff. I haven't read O'Donnell, but I'm all for stories with strong female leads who can kick some butt...must add to my list.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 785 comments I'll second Morrell's work. The Matt Helm books by Donald Hamilton & the Quarry books by Max Allan Collins are good, too.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Blitz (blitzkevin) | 5 comments Reilly is a great read. Love his stuff can't put his books down. Also love the books by Daniel Silva And Steve Berry. If you want to keep with Cussler go with his Oregan series.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris | 2 comments Hi, have you read any of James Rollins or Steve Berry books oh and Andy McDermott books full of action pack adrenalin.

message 8: by Steve (new)

Steve Thank you all very much, some great suggestions and some new names to research. much appreciated.Cheers

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike Seiber (mikeinohios) | 4 comments If you wanted to stay with Cussler, you could read the NUMA files books with Kurt Austin. A new one just came out, which is fabulous, and are very similar in tone and structure as the Pitt books. Plus they feature some of the same supporting characters. Pitt even shows up in a few books briefly. I also recommend the Sigma Force books as they are fabulous reads as well, and anything by Matthew Reilly.

message 10: by Evan (new)

Evan Phillips | 9 comments Cussler's Isaac Bell series and Oregon Files are both great too. Lee Childs is great. Tim WheatTim Wheat's Rex Chase and Wallace Marin's are good. Well, each of his books just get better and better. I like McDermott too.