Readerland Rebels discussion

Caraval (Caraval, #1)
This topic is about Caraval
Book choice > June TBR

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna Gautreaux (annainreaderland) | 24 comments Mod
Well reader rebels, the book poll has officially ended. Thank you to all of those who voted. This month we will be reading Caraval by Stephanie Garber. The date for our liveshow are TBA; however this time we will try to have a post earlier than just a day or two. Also, there's going to be a challenge or theme for each month that you can participate in if you wish. It, however, will not be mandatory. Tori and I just want to make this as fun as it can be from a normal book of the month.
Okay, so enough babbling, let's talk about the challenge/theme for this month. Because Caraval revolves around a circus, you challenge is to read a book with a trait normally found in a circus as part of your TBR. Let me clarify: this doesn't necessarily need to be a book that has a circus in it at any point in the book. Just choose a book that has a trait. These traits can include:
-Clowns (book can be about jokes, be from the comedy genre, or anything else like that)
-Fire eater (a book that has elemental qualities)
-Ringmaster (book with a monarchy or where there is a clear master present including slavery if you're into that kind of thing)
-Freak show (can deal with someone who's seen as an outcast, a book with a disability or physical abnormality, or a book that deals with vanity)
-Dancing Elephants (a book that has something to do with animals or a mythological creature/beast)

We will have a discussion very soon about what everyone has decided to chose to complete this challenge if you wish to participate. I hope you guys have fun with it. Goodnight and happy reading!

message 2: by Iceyreads74, Tori (last edited Jun 09, 2017 10:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iceyreads74 | 32 comments Mod
So, other than reading Caraval:
-The Perks of Being a Wallflower (deals with an outcast)
-Stealing Snow (elemental and is about royalty fighting for the throne)
-Shatter Me trilogy (possibly)
-Challenger Deep (i believe it's about someone seen as a social outcast)

Anna Gautreaux (annainreaderland) | 24 comments Mod
My TBR so far for this month consists of:
-A Court of Mist and Fury (for the beast nature of some of the fey characters)
-The Boyfriend List (this deals with vanity)
-Rebel Belle trilogy (just because)
-Caraval (obviously)
-Truthwitch (elemental magic)

And so far that is all I've decided. Who knows if I'll even read all of those.

message 4: by Dark Sith Lordette♔ (last edited Jun 09, 2017 11:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dark Sith Lordette♔ (darklordette) | 1 comments This book is awesome! I hope you guys love it as much as I did. I might do a re-read later this month so I can get in on the action of discussing this with you guys!

I'm also working on reading the The Final Empire as well as A Court of Thorns and Roses series this month as well.

message 5: by Iceyreads74, Tori (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iceyreads74 | 32 comments Mod
Yess!!! ACOTAR is one of my favorite series of all time! I hope you have as much fun with it as I did!