Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Pen Names

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathryn (new)

Cathryn Chandler (vicki_c_lee) | 2 comments I just released a cozy mystery-- and would like to add it to my author page/dashboard etc... my pen name here is Cathryn Chandler, for the Cozy it's Cat Chandler. Can I link the two pen names, or what do I need to do to claim the book as mine? The book is titled: A Special Blend of Murder by Cat Chandler, and it is only on Amazon. URL: http://amzn.to/2s0dy4L

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6177 comments As Cat is in Cathryn there's no need for 2 profiles. Added your author name.

Will that series have always the same characters?

message 3: by Cathryn (new)

Cathryn Chandler (vicki_c_lee) | 2 comments Yes-- except for the victim and suspects... but the rest of the cast of characters will be recurring... Thank you for adding the author name-- I appreciate it.. does that mean my Cathryn Chandler author name can now claim the Cat Chandler book? I'm sorry-- I find some of this a bit confusing..

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Are you keeping the books published under two different but similar names for reason?

If so then we should add the name Cat Chandler rather than Cathryn.

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Lachgas wrote: "As Cat is in Cathryn there's no need for 2 profiles. Added your author name."

Yes there is if the author is specifically using different variants of a name to separate out genres of work