Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Marketing No New Posts > Book cover t-shirts

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blaque (new)

Blaque Diamond (blaquediamondbooks) | 76 comments Has anyone ever made a T-shirt with the cover of their book on it? If so how did it work? I am thinking of doing something like this for promotional reasons and for prizes. I want to put the cover of my book on the front of the shirt and add a line or a quote from the book on the back. I have even thought of making my own apparel dealing with my books. Has anybody ever done anything like this before?

message 2: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4310 comments Mod
I did it for Rave On. I plan to do it for Happy Clown Burger and other books. I get a lot of looks, but never any questions. I cannot tell if it's helped with sales or not. I haven't given any away as prizes. I only made the one for myself. I went through Vista Print and it came out really nice.

message 3: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) I'm wearing one right now. To date, no one has even commented on it. I've worn it three times. Spent $29.99.

message 4: by Blaque (new)

Blaque Diamond (blaquediamondbooks) | 76 comments So ,Dwayne, did you just upload the cover image of your book or did you actually have to design a different photo for the shirt?

message 5: by Martin (new)

Martin Wilsey | 447 comments I just used the high def version of my covers.

message 6: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4310 comments Mod
Blaque wrote: "So ,Dwayne, did you just upload the cover image of your book or did you actually have to design a different photo for the shirt?"

I used the same image I uploaded when I put the book together.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela Joseph | 132 comments I did it for my first book Women For All Seasons 7 years ago and it still looks okay. I used iron-on transfer paper to iron on a copy of the cover on to the shirt. Only one person has ever asked me what it is about. I wear the shirt to the gym sometimes. For my book signing tomorrow I'd planned to do the same thing with small totes to put the books in, but unfortunately, I ordered the wrong size and don't have enough time to exchange them. I think they could be a great reminder.