The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2017 > 20.3 - Best Review - Heather (Gibby)'s Task: Highly Recommended

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Jun 03, 2017 11:32AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4922 comments Mod
20.3 - Best Review - Heather (Gibby)'s Task: Highly Recommended

This is a one book task, choose Option A or Option B.

Option A:
One of my favourite sources for book reviews is the New York Review Books. They have their own publishing house, and have published a classics series. For this task read a book on this list from the New York Review Books.

For this task you do not need to read the actual edition published by New York Review Books.
REQUIRED: when posting you must include which page of the list your book is on.

Option B: Read a book which has at least 1000 Goodreads Reviews. You can find the number of reviews under the author's name, at the far right hand side.

Optional activity: write a review for the book you read.

message 2: by Heather(Gibby) (last edited Jun 17, 2017 07:26PM) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 905 comments I am back from my vacation now, thanks for your patience

message 3: by Heather(Gibby) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 905 comments Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This thread is now open.

message 5: by Christi (new)

Christi Reynard | 370 comments For Option B, do you mean actual written reviews or do at least 1,000 ratings count?

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3762 comments Christi wrote: "For Option B, do you mean actual written reviews or do at least 1,000 ratings count?"

I read it to mean actual reviews ... but, of course, Heather is the one who has to officially answer.

message 7: by SRC Moderator (new)

Christi wrote: "For Option B, do you mean actual written reviews or do at least 1,000 ratings count?"

Reviews - not ratings - is what the task calls for. That would normally be the smaller number, and, as the task states, the one at the far right.

message 8: by Heather(Gibby) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 905 comments Absolutely I meant the actual written reviews