Entrepreneur Book Club discussion

Recommendations For Future Books > Books You'd Like to See Featured!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin Kerby (justinkerby) | 29 comments Mod
Let's use this as a space to add books you'd like to see the group read or books that you've read in the past that you think other members would enjoy.

message 2: by Erwin (new)

Erwin | 2 comments I like to recommend Books on Alibaba, so we can compare how 2 people from 2 different background build the largest e-commerce website in the west and the east.

Maybe Alibaba by Duncan Clark is the latest book.

message 3: by Gerben (new)

Gerben | 11 comments @Erwin which books do you specifically recommend? Also I would like to recommend 'The network always wins' by Peter Hinssen and 'Free' by Chris Anderson. They helped me a lot by giving new directions with my start-up ideas.

message 4: by Gerben (new)

Gerben | 11 comments Sorry, didn't see the last sentence of your post, Erwin!

message 5: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 1 comments Hello everyone my name is Caitlin, there's a great deal on amazon for a book I think you would all enjoy! (only $2.99 for the Kindle version!!)

Here's a link so you can check it out yourself: otherwise go onto amazon.com and search for the book It's called Confessions of a Wall Street Insider by Michael Kimelman.

https://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Wa...

message 6: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 2 comments "Becoming the Boss" by Lindsay Pollak is a great book for starting leaders. The main subject is how young leaders (millennials) can manage older employees from different generations and how to use the benefits of our generation to our success.

It's a great book for starters since it covers many important topics. Oh, and it's a good starting point, since it references many other great books.

Bradley J Dohack | 1 comments Chris wrote: ""Becoming the Boss" by Lindsay Pollak is a great book for starting leaders. The main subject is how young leaders (millennials) can manage older employees from different generations and how to use ..."
Awesome. Thank you for the recommendation!

message 8: by Gerben (new)

Gerben | 11 comments I'm currently reading 'The Mom Test' by Rob Fitzpatrick. It's a great book to help getting real useful data from conversations when you want to get info about a businessidea, product, service,... .

message 9: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Hulbert (ethanjhulbert) | 2 comments Here are four books that are extraordinarily useful for entrepreneurs to read. I highly recommend all of them, especially the first.

1. My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins
Hopkins was one of the first great marketers and is partially responsible for where the field of advertising is today. His stories are timeless, his work ethic is contagious, and his 2-in-1 book is the single most valuable piece of literature by word that I've ever read related to business.

2. Secrets of Power Negotiating by Roger Dawson
It's no secret that you'll be on your own as an entrepreneur. You won't have a lot of people on your side at first - if ever. You need to know how to talk to people, how to make beneficial deals, and how to get what you want without burning bridges. I personally think that anyone would be better off by reading this book, but especially people in this group.

3. Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug
If you're in technology or design, this book is THE book to know. This is the UX Bible. You don't want your potential customers to get confused and go with the easy competitor option, even if you're otherwise better. This book codifies simplicity.

4. The Innovators by Walter Isaacson
You might recognize Isaacson's name because of his extremely successful Steve Jobs biography. In this book, he chronicles the entire history of computers - from Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage, through the invention of the transistor, the integrated circuit, Windows, the Internet, and into the future. Not only is this story fascinating, but it contains countless examples of entrepreneurship that changed the world. Are you working as hard as Bill Gates was when Microsoft was founded? Are you as brave as the traitorous eight? If your product is in tech, this book is for you.

I'm looking forward to reading a few of the books mentioned so far too! "Becoming the Boss" especially sounds up my alley.