YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Red Winter
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy #1) by Annette Marie - Restarting April 3rd 2018

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84128 comments Mod
In a few short months, Emi's mortal life will end when she becomes the human host of an immortal goddess. Carefully hidden from those who would destroy her, she has prepared her mind, body, and soul to unite with the goddess—and not once has she doubted her chosen fate.

Shiro is a spirit of the earth and an enemy of the goddess Emi will soon host. Mystery shrouds his every move and his ruby eyes shine with cunning she can’t match and dares not trust. But she saved his life, and until his debt is paid, he is hers to command—whether she wants him or not.

On the day they meet, everything Emi believes comes undone, swept away like snow upon the winter wind. For the first time, she wants to change her fate—but how can she erase a destiny already wrought in stone? Against the power of the gods, Shiro is her only hope … and hope is all she has left.

RED WINTER includes 10 full-page illustrations by award-winning artist Brittany Jackson.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22776 comments Mod
So I've started. I'm around 6%. I prefer to come back and comment when I've completely finished the book though. :)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 5% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 32% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 35% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 39% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 48% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 56% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 64% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 73% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 79% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments 85% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Finished! (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84128 comments Mod
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date Changed. Restarting April 3rd 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 15: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma (earnestlyemma) super interested in this! anyone else want to join?

Felicia Me and Bookbuyer are reading this! 😁

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments I would love to read this one!

Marie | 5 comments I know... I'm a day early, but I just finished this book! I would love to talk about this it as everyone gets started. I won't give anything away, promise. :)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Marie wrote: "I know... I'm a day early, but I just finished this book! I would love to talk about this it as everyone gets started. I won't give anything away, promise. :)"

I'm starting it tonight! I'm excited for this one

Felicia Starting this one now. (:

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Did this start really slow for anyone else? I'm trying to power through because the reviews are so good so it must pick up at some point, but its slow going!

Chapter 5
(view spoiler)

Felicia Ashley wrote: "Did this start really slow for anyone else? I'm trying to power through because the reviews are so good so it must pick up at some point, but its slow going!

Chapter 5
[spoilers removed]"

Definitely slow for me as well. I only got through chapter 1 so far because work has been a little busy. But I feel like it's difficult for me because I am having a hard time with pronunciation. -.-

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments @Felicia- definitely! All of the terminology is throwing me for a loop too!

Marie | 5 comments @Ashley, it definitely started slow for me, too! The info dumps and pronunciation/cultural knowledge seemed a tiny bit overwhelming at first. I definitely needed to concentrate as I was reading it. Stick with it, though, it gets better realtively quickly because the author repeats the super necessary information enough that it all begins to click. Also, (view spoiler)

@Felicia, in the beginning it was tough for me, too! But I thought it got a bit easier as I went on because the author was repeated the super important information enough that it all began to click.

Felicia Marie wrote: "@Ashley, it definitely started slow for me, too! The info dumps and pronunciation/cultural knowledge seemed a tiny bit overwhelming at first. I definitely needed to concentrate as I was reading it...."

I tried starting this at work. And I was so overwhelmed. I think I need to read this in the comfort of my own bed. Lol.

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments @Felicia- I started it t work too, and kept rewinding my audio because I was getting so confused, I finally decided to wait until I had no distractions!

@Marie- I definitely see what you're saying about it all starting to click! I find myself less confused now for sure

Chap 10
(view spoiler)

message 27: by Ashley (last edited Apr 04, 2018 06:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Chap 15
(view spoiler)

Marie | 5 comments @Ashley: (view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments This is definitely work sticking with through the slow parts!

emd
(view spoiler)

Felicia Still trying to push through this boring-ness of the beginning of the book.

Literally nothing has happened yet and I am RIDICULOUSLY bored.

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments The beginning is sooooo slow!! I had it on audio which helped since I could do something else while nothing happened, but it was still so hard

Felicia I'm only at the part where Emi talks to the young girl about what happened to Hana. And I am literally about to rip my hair out with boredom. -.-

Felicia GUYS! I am FINALLY far enough into the book for it to keep my interest! :D

About 50% in. (view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments It is definitely a struggle to not DNF it!! If I didn't need it for my uno card I probably would have given up, and I never would have known what I was missing!

(view spoiler)

Felicia I am uswing it for a card too! Lol. That's why I'm sticking with it. It also fits into a category in another gorup as well. :D

message 36: by Marie (last edited Apr 06, 2018 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marie | 5 comments Awww, yay!
(view spoiler)

Felicia 80%(view spoiler)

Felicia Finished. (view spoiler)

Marie | 5 comments Aw, yay! The second book is much better than the first! There isn't as much slowness in the beginning (only a couple pages) because most of the background is already there! It's definitely worth sticking with.

(view spoiler)

Felicia Marie wrote: "Aw, yay! The second book is much better than the first! There isn't as much slowness in the beginning (only a couple pages) because most of the background is already there! It's definitely worth s..."

I definitely love him. I’m gonna take a bit before starting the second book. But definitely gonna give it a go. 😁

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 5: (view spoiler)
Chapter 10: (view spoiler)
Chapter 15: (view spoiler)
Chapter 20: (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)