The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > July and August's Group Reads Are....

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
Please read the rules for nominating BEFORE you create your post!! And check our bookshelves to be sure you are not nominating something we have already read as a group!

The categories for July and August are:

July = "Historical Fiction" theme

August = Books written by female authors

If you nominate the book, and the book is chosen as a group read, you agree to lead the discussion for that month! Don't worry, it's not hard, and we'll love you all the more for it!

Please do not nominate a book more than once. A book can only be voted on once, so multiple nominations within this thread are not counted.

Only ONE nomination per month per person.

Please be sure to post the title, author, and the month you are nominating it for.

Ideally, you can type it as follows -
August - Room - Emma Donoghue

If your post does not have those three things, it will not be counted.

Are you ready?

I'll accept nominations through the 11th. If we get tons of nominations, I may pull the plug on it a little early, so get them in as soon as you can!

Once I close nominations I will create the polls and let you know when it is time to vote!

Hit us with your best noms!

**Important note: At no time is it acceptable for an author to nominate one of his/her own books for the monthly group read. Likewise, it is not acceptable to "push" nominations or votes within this group. "A nomination for a nomination" is also not acceptable. If I suspect a push, or inappropriate actions have taken place within the group read nominations or votes, I reserve the right to deem those nominations or votes as ineligible.

message 2: by Evalani (new)

Evalani | 86 comments The Last of the Mohicans James Cooper July
The girl with the dragonfly tattoo Roslyn Woods August

message 3: by Aeon (new)

Aeon (kawaiiaeon) | 3 comments If you could see me now If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern - Cecelia Ahern - August

message 6: by Janice (JG) (new)

Janice (JG) David wrote: "August: News of the World by Paulette Jiles"

Outstanding book!

message 7: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 04, 2017 09:22AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) Here are my nominations:

HISTORICAL FICTION: Under Fishbone Clouds by Sam Meekings

FEMALE AUTHOR: Isabel Allende / The Japanese Lover

NEVER MIND ... after leading the discussions in both May and June, I think I'll take a rest for a while. But if anyone wants to "borrow" these titles, feel free...

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Jun 04, 2017 11:02AM) (new)

Hahah. Lol, Book Concierge!

message 10: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Oooh Ethan, I just finished Woman NO 17 this past week. In fact, my review posted today. lol.

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Well, i left nominations open to see if anyone else wanted to add to it before we got the polls ready... it's kind of light this summer!

But here we go.

Polls are open, and will close on June 20th. Go vote in the books you most want to read along with us in July and August!

May the best books win!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/1...

message 12: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Jun 21, 2017 03:52PM) (new)

July ended in a tie so we'll be revoting on that one!
The Underground Railroad and Salt to the Sea are reset and waiting on you to come choose which one will become out July Themed Read......

GO -----> https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/9...

This poll will close on June 24th.

August's pick is: News of the World by Paulette Jiles, and the leader of that discussion will be David!!!!!

message 13: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

And the July book has been chosen!

Ethan will be leading the discussion next month as we discuss The Underground Railroad!!!!