SBTB Goodreads Group discussion

Book Talk > Keeper Shelf

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 207 comments Mod
Do you have a book that you think everyone should read? Tell us about it!

message 2: by Mclaudia (last edited Jun 02, 2017 09:40PM) (new)

Mclaudia | 58 comments I'm hesitant because it's hard to track down (I got mine used), but I think everyone should read Bliss, by Judith Ivory/Cuevas. Bliss

A book I find also great but recommend less often because it's problematic for many is Patricia Gaffney's To Have and to Hold.

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly (flashbug) | 13 comments I will always recommend the Emperor's Edge series by Lindsay Buroker. Bit of a slow burn romance to start but the books are so entertaining and hilarious. I love anything with a rag tag crew and adventure!

If you prefer more steam in your reads the Sci-fi romance series Mandrakes Company is also fantastic (same author but writing under the name Ruby Lionsdrake). Each book is dedicated to a different couple and they're all good but I especially love book 2 Trial and Temptation as the hero is almost Spock levels of literal and has zero social skills. I love an awkward hero.

Cannot recommend these two series enough 👍🏽

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Holly wrote: "I will always recommend the Emperor's Edge series by Lindsay Buroker. Bit of a slow burn romance to start but the books are so entertaining and hilarious. I love anything with a rag tag crew and ad..."

The scifi series sounds amazing!

message 5: by N. (last edited Jun 20, 2017 08:18AM) (new)

N. | 13 comments I would love to recommend John Dies at the Endby David Wong. It's a comedic Horror novel about two guys named Dave and John. Dave recounts the novel to a reporter. And he talks about how this rambling mess of a human deals with John, the drug Soy Sauce and returning a cute dog to the novel's third Hero, Amy.

I know that it's not easy to get into the first novel, since the opening chapter is about a gross nasty ghost haunting (Seriously gross. Vegan friends be warned) and a weird situation involving an axe, but I've found my book series catnip.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

N. wrote: "I would love to recommend John Dies at the Endby David Wong. It's a comedic Horror novel about two guys named Dave and John. Dave recounts the novel to a reporter. And he talks about how this rambl..."

N! John Dies at the End is one of my absolutely favorite books! So happy to see someone else who loves it.

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly (flashbug) | 13 comments Amanda wrote: "The scifi series sounds amazing!"

It is! Seriously get on it. It's got all the things I love. Female friendship, hilarious hijinks, sexy men named after plants, alien poop and space!

message 8: by Mara (new)

Mara Rose | 5 comments At this moment in time, I'd recommend Bec McMaster's while backlist! I love the tortured hero/ine trope, so nearly every one of her books fits my catnip!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Bianca wrote: "Holly wrote: "Amanda wrote: "The scifi series sounds amazing!"

It is! Seriously get on it. It's got all the things I love. Female friendship, hilarious hijinks, sexy men named after plants, alien ..."

What are your thoughts on the Vaginal Fantasy Book Club? I've always been curious about it, but for some reason, I've never pulled the trigger on participating.

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly (flashbug) | 13 comments Bianca wrote: "Holly wrote: "Amanda wrote: "The scifi series sounds amazing!"

It is! Seriously get on it. It's got all the things I love. Female friendship, hilarious hijinks, sexy men named after plants, alien ..."

I know I submitted it! Excellent work in voting for it :)

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly (flashbug) | 13 comments Amanda wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Holly wrote: "Amanda wrote: "The scifi series sounds amazing!"

It is! Seriously get on it. It's got all the things I love. Female friendship, hilarious hijinks, sexy men named after..."

I love the Vaginal Fantasy Book club, thanks to stupid scientific things like time differences I can't ever participate in the live discussions but I love watching them on YouTube afterwards, so many good books found and terrible ones avoided.