Addicted to YA discussion

When Dimple Met Rishi (Dimple and Rishi, #1)
This topic is about When Dimple Met Rishi
Stand Alone > When Dimple Met Rishi

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

UndertheStars (daisy416) | 3 comments I just finished this book and absolutely loved it!! I really loved both Dimple and Rishi. They're so cute together and my favourite part was their first meeting. It's been a while since I've read a book that made me laugh out loud and root for the characters! I really enjoyed having both POVs. The bookstore restaurant described sounded amazing - makes me want to look to see if these actually exist!

Michaela (Journey into Books) I Loved this book. It was so interesting learning more about Indian Culture. I loved Both Dimple and Rishi, their relationship was so adorable and I loved that we switched between both of their POVs as it really helped to connect with both of them.

Michaela (Journey into Books) UndertheStars wrote: "I just finished this book and absolutely loved it!! I really loved both Dimple and Rishi. They're so cute together and my favourite part was their first meeting. It's been a while since I've read a..."

Their first meeting was also my favourite part of this book.

ericka shaira ✨ (erickaonpaper) (erickaonpaper) oOoOOoh, I can't wait to read this one!

ankereads | 24 comments I look forward to reading it, but I have to admit that I don't like the cover

Kate (katespofford) | 61 comments This book was super adorable. I liked learning a bit about Indian culture and while there were some points where the characters experienced racism, the major plot points weren't involved in that. Rishi reminded me a bit of Daniel from The Sun Is Also a Star - someone who doesn't try to hide his culture, because he loves where he's from and who that has made him.

(I would also love to find that bookstore/cafe!)

Ananya (nanyaaa) I really loved this book! Being an Indian myself, it was awesome to read a book and automatically understand all the references in it! Both Dimple and Rishi were such amazing characters. the Ashish and Celia storyline was a bit unexpected for me, and the ending was like a typical Bollywood movie, but overall, the book was simply adorable. And can we talk about how cute their first meeting was!

Kate (katespofford) | 61 comments Ananya wrote: "I really loved this book! Being an Indian myself, it was awesome to read a book and automatically understand all the references in it! Both Dimple and Rishi were such amazing characters. the Ashish..."

Their meeting was so, so cute, and it was a meet-cute I've never seen before! Made me want to drink some iced coffee :D

message 10: by Stina (last edited Jun 08, 2017 08:11AM) (new) - added it

Stina | 10 comments Michaela's Journey into Books wrote: "UndertheStars wrote: "I just finished this book and absolutely loved it!! I really loved both Dimple and Rishi. They're so cute together and my favourite part was their first meeting. It's been a w..."

Ditto. I was actually at Barnes & Noble, sipping a Smores Frappuccino when I read (view spoiler) and laughed so hard and so loudly that, yeah, coffee exploded from my mouth (but, fortunately, not over any of my future purchases) and my daughters stared at me in horror (okay, extreme embarrassment) as if I was spreading the Bubonic Plague.

Currently, I'm at around the 20% mark in the book, and so far I'm really enjoying the story. Because of my experiences and friendships in life and being a POC myself, it's incredibly wonderful being able to read more contemporary YA novels from the viewpoints of two minority characters (ala The Sun Is Also A Star) and also understand and relate to the Indian cultural references and discussions in the book as well as to the callback to my teen experience of skipping off to "brain camps" and have all of it immerse me further into Dimple & Rishi's story.

Rayna (raynaleigh) | 5 comments This was really adorable! It was great to read a book with Indian-American MCs for the first time. I'll being keeping my eye out for more by this author in the future.
I found little pieces of myself in a lot of the characters, so it felt very realistic. The humor was so great and I found myself laughing quite a few times. Their first meeting was so cute. :)
Kate's comparison of Rishi to Daniel is so true, I hadn't thought of that!!

Valliya Rennell I am about 1/3 through it... I love the Dimple-Rishi dynamic! So far my rating is 4.5! I am laughing so much at what Dimple says all the time!

✨ A ✨  (az_youread) I just finished it! It was soooooo good. Rishi is just so adorable. I related so much to this book! Where I'm from its normal for girls to get married young and I've been constantly hounded by family since I was 18 on when I plan on gettimg married. so I know exactly how dimple feels. but to be honest if a 'Rishi' came along there wouldn't even be a question on whether I'd say yes

message 14: by Shalini (new) - added it

Shalini (shalinix1f618) | 3 comments I am gonna start this one tomorrow. The reviews above are great so i hope i love it too.

message 15: by L.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.J. Evans | 30 comments I really liked this book. Dimple and Rishi are, as everyone keeps saying, adorable. But I feel like that is the perfect adjective for them. I loved the fresh and modern look on the Indian culture and how they both grew and matured through the book. It reminded me in the beginning a little of Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan, which is a compliment, because I love that book too!

Haley (haleyk) I did this book on audio and I'm so glad I did. It was really cool to get to hear the Hindi parts pronounced. Awesome and adorable book! How cute was Rishi?

Valliya Rennell To read my full thoughts on the novel please read my review, but I must say, THIS NOVEL WAS AMAZING!!! I loved everything and everyone! Rishi was adorable, and fit in so well with Dimple's snarkiness! This novel was planned out so well!

Gretchen | 47 comments I loved this book! I really liked the characters Dimple and Rishi, Celia and Ashish I could to relate to starting a new phrase in their lives and making new friends and finding themselves and falling in love. This story has all the elements. But an added something the struggle between the traditions of India and a modern society.
What a wonderful story!

message 19: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara (confettti) | 5 comments I have to agree with everyone, this book is amazing!! It's such a cute book and I love the connection between Dimple and Rishi. I found Dimple to be very compelling and admirable in her ambition to become a great coder.

stardustreader | 19 comments I finished this a few weeks ago and while I enjoyed it, I did think Dimple & Rishi flipped personalities at times and the plot was slow in the middle. I also think they were having a slow burn and then bam they fell in love. Enjoyable story, but it did have its flaws.

message 21: by BoMo (last edited Nov 09, 2017 12:28AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

BoMo It is the type of rather predictable and fluffy story. But the characters are likable and their banter is snarky, funny and flirty.
It is not the greatest love story ever written, but it's cute and I really liked the meet-cute and the ending as well.