THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > I don't see my giveaway listed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Adams | 60 comments I've created a giveaway for my book Metarules of the S.M.F. and the sign-up period began May 31st. When I go to browse giveaways, and look at "recent giveaways," I see the giveaways listed in chronological order by the time that the giveaway began. But I don't see my own book listed.

If I can't find my own giveaway listed, how can other users find it? I tried signing in as a different user to try to find it, but still didn't see it.

I did get some requests, but I don't know if this means it's visible to some users and not others. Probably I just don't know how to look for it properly. Can anyone provide guidance on this?

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Adams | 60 comments O.K., hmmm, more information: If I look at books sorted by "ending soon," and list "all books," then I can find my book on page 30 of the listings. It doesn't show among "recent giveaways." This leaves me wondering whether the "recent giveaways" section only shows those that have more than a certain number of requests.

Do users actually browse through over 30 pages of listings? One thing I wasn't aiming at was to have my book requested by bots that just auto-request every book without looking at descriptions, so I would hope to get "shortlisted" at least in the first day or two of the listing.

message 3: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Sorry for the trouble here! We receive many giveaway submissions, so it's possible your book got pushed down quite quickly on the "recent giveaways" page. It does appear as if more people have now entered since your original post.

Once your giveaway is open for entries, you can find it on the book page, where you can click through to the giveaway itself. You can also find your giveaway on the giveaway genre pages based on which genres you selected when you created it. Please note that, as per your settings, only US members will be able to enter.

If you'd like to do some additional promotion for your giveaway, you're welcome to share this custom URL on your blog, in your newsletter, or as a general status update: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

You can also keep track of all giveaways for your titles on your Author Dashboard, beneath "Your Giveaways." Let me know if you have any further questions!

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul Adams | 60 comments Okay, I see where I went wrong. I'm not currently residing in the United States, and the "recent giveaways" tab does not have an option to show all giveaways, so by default it shows only those that are available in your current location. So I figure my giveaway was displayed and I was not able to view it myself.

message 5: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments That sounds right, Paul. Please let me know if you have any further questions!