2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2017 > TBR Twins, June

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3957 comments Below are your TBR twins! Please message your twin to pick a book to read together this month. Let us know what you've decided on, and come back to tell us what you each thought of the book once you've finished.

Please post in this thread if you do not hear back from your twin, and we will find someone else for you to pair up with.

Daph
Anoushka

Debra
Kat

Elise
Stefani - SpelingExpirt

Jade
Nik

Markus
Alexxy

Erin
Ellie

Lisa
Aysha

Amber
Sherry

Dina
Lizzie

Smirti
Sara (msg 79)

Auntie Terror
QueenAmidala28

Emily
Harsha

Eirelyn
Sharan

Kate
Allie

TeriAnne
Gail

Gayatri
Mariela

Klynn
Janine

Rachel
Lauren

Faith
Haley

Kat
Ana

Roni
Missy

Kristina
Angela

Rebekah
Precious

Becky
Melanie

Claire
Rupak

Liv
Lizet

John Warren
Thea

Elii.
Maheen

Kierra
Suzanne

Anita
Kelll

Koyejo
Sara (msg 81)

Deborah
Laura

Tanise
Maris

Yara
Guadalupe

Rowan
Marelis

Lori
Kellie

Elizabeth
Dana

Lauri
Flora

Dramapuppy
Amanda

Evi
Renie

Eva
Kara

message 2: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3957 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Is there a way to compare books on a phone?

message 4: by Nik (new)

Nik (bleepnik) | 852 comments I couldn't find a way to do it in the Goodreads app for iOS, but visiting the site in the mobile web browser worked just fine.

message 5: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 342 comments Angela and I will be reading Lolita.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Obida | 96 comments Laura and i will be reading Secret Vampire

message 7: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 642 comments I haven't heard from my twin yet ... I hope all is well.

message 8: by Dramapuppy (new)

Dramapuppy | 195 comments Amanda and I will be reading Sleeping Giants

message 9: by Allie (new)

Allie | 281 comments Kate and I will be reading My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies #1) by Cynthia Hand

message 10: by Janine (new)

Janine | 1031 comments Klynn and I will be reading Caraval.

message 11: by Liv (last edited Jun 04, 2017 01:10PM) (new)

Liv (oliviaem) | 16 comments I messaged my twin on the 2nd and have not heard back from her yet

message 12: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 402 comments I messaged my twin when the list was out, and I've messaged her again right now, as there's been no reply. How long should I wait on for them to get back to me?

message 13: by Alexxy (new)

Alexxy | 270 comments Markus and I will be reading The Secret History

message 14: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 642 comments My twin also has still not replied. They haven't logged on either (according to their profile) since last month. I am not sure what to do.

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kass | 26 comments My twin has not responded :(

message 16: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments Mine has not responded, either. Maybe some of us can make new pairs if we don't hear from them in another day or two.

message 17: by Debra (new)

Debra Barstad | 362 comments Kat and I will be reading His Kidnapper's Shoes

message 18: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 642 comments Claire wrote: "Mine has not responded, either. Maybe some of us can make new pairs if we don't hear from them in another day or two."

That's a great idea!

message 19: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3957 comments Let's give folks another day or to to respond, and then if you don't hear, please feel free to pair up with someone else who also hasn't heard. Thanks for your understanding!

message 20: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 642 comments Hello there. My twin replied to me tonight! Anoushka and I will be reading The Hobbit This should be fun. I love this program.

message 21: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1152 comments Sharan & I are going to read The Girl on the Train. :D

message 22: by Dina (new)

Dina Batista I'd sended a message to my twin but haven't heard from her yet.

message 23: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 402 comments Sadly, my twin still hasn't responded, it being six days now. I'm sure there is a good reason for this.

I'd really like to get started now, though, and therefore:
Liv, Claire, Rachel and Dina, I have at least three tbr books in common with each of you. Anyone still without their twin and want to pair up for June?

message 24: by Liv (new)

Liv (oliviaem) | 16 comments I still haven't heard back from my twin. Auntie, I'd like to pair up with you. Are there any books in particular you'd like to read from our common tbr list?

message 25: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 402 comments Great. :) I sent you a message about the book-picking.
Looking forward to reading with you.

message 26: by Dina (new)

Dina Batista I still haven't a twin :-(
Anybody free?

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kass | 26 comments I am free!

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kass | 26 comments Dina would you like to be twins this month?

message 29: by Dina (new)

Dina Batista Rachel wrote: "Dina would you like to be twins this month?"

Gladly Rachel! Send me a message about the books we could choose from 😊

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Aysha and I will be reading The Water Knife :)

message 31: by Casey (new)

Casey Coghill | 5 comments I need a twin!

message 32: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments Casey, I still need a twin, and we have a LOT of books in common on our to read lists!

If anyone else still needs a twin, I would be willing to read two, or maybe even do triplets.

message 33: by Liv (new)

Liv (oliviaem) | 16 comments Auntie and I will be reading The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman.

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kass | 26 comments Dina and I are reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt!

message 35: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments Casey and I are reading What Was Mine

message 36: by Sara (new)

Sara (shesautomatic) | 112 comments Smirti and I are going to read The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. Thanks Kara!

message 37: by Sara (new)

Sara (shesautomatic) | 112 comments Oops, I royally messed up name spelling there.. meant Smriti. I can read but typing is another story.

message 38: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Amber and I decided on The Turn by Kim Harrison

message 39: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri Hi.
Mariela and I have decided to read 'Outlander' by Diana Gabaldon.

message 40: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments I heard back from my original twin, so I will be reading two books with twins this month!

Rupak and I are reading Uprooted.

message 41: by Kate (new)

Kate ✨ is a dreamer Ana and I decided to read The Girl in 6E. We're super excited :)

The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) by A.R. Torre

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate ✨ is a dreamer Claire wrote: "I heard back from my original twin, so I will be reading two books with twins this month!

Rupak and I are reading Uprooted."

I read Uprooted a year or so ago, and I loved it! It's quite different but I adored it. I hope you love it, too!

message 43: by Ana (new)

Ana Vizentim | 10 comments Kat wrote: "Ana and I decided to read The Girl in 6E. We're super excited :)

The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) by A.R. Torre"

Definitely!!!!!

message 44: by Liv (new)

Liv (oliviaem) | 16 comments Lizet and I will be reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.

message 45: by Smriti (new)

Smriti (santreads) | 37 comments Sara wrote: "Oops, I royally messed up name spelling there.. meant Smriti. I can read but typing is another story."

HAHAHA.

message 46: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments Kat wrote: "Claire wrote: "I heard back from my original twin, so I will be reading two books with twins this month!

Rupak and I are reading Uprooted."

I read Uprooted a year or so ago, and I..."

I'm about a third of the way through it, and so far I DO love it!

message 47: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1152 comments My partner really wasn't enjoying The Girl on the Train (not that I can blame her XD), so I finished on my own.

The book was...okay. It took a while to get going, and there wasn't a single character I actually liked. The mystery element was moderately interesting -- enough so that I wanted to find out exactly what happened (I hate leaving questions unanswered). It's not a book I'd re-read & not one I'd recommend either, unless someone were to specifically ask me for a "slow-moving mystery with an entire cast of completely unlikable characters." I gave it 3 stars, & the part of me who prioritizes character relatability above all else in a work of fiction felt like that rating was generous.

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

message 48: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments Casey and I finished What Was Mine, and we both really loved it! We liked the story, (most of) the characters, and the pacing. It's a very realistic story, and the author really nailed the emotions and reactions of the characters.

I would highly recommend it, and I'm sure Casey would, too!

message 49: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments Eirelyn wrote: "My partner really wasn't enjoying The Girl on the Train (not that I can blame her XD), so I finished on my own.

The book was...okay. It took a while to get going, and there wasn't ..."

I thought I was the only person in the world who just didn't get the hype over this book! I don't remember how many stars I gave it, but I tend to agree with you that three is generous. I was completely disappointed with it.

message 50: by Dramapuppy (new)

Dramapuppy | 195 comments Amanda and I finished Sleeping Giants and both enjoyed it! The interview format was used very effectively, and we both have a lot of questions we hope will be answered in the sequel.

« previous 1