This topic is about Another Brooklyn
2017 Spine of the Month > June 2017 - Another Brooklyn

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamise (spinesvines) | 72 comments Mod
June Spine of the Month

Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson

Guidelines:
1. Please discuss Another Brooklyn here. This forum open for discussion at any time. You don't have to wait until the end of the month to chat about the book.

2. Remember to add *SPOILER* at the beginning of your comment should it reveal any plot element which will give away important details or outcomes. Everyone may start at different times and read at different speeds.

3. If Discussion Questions are listed, feel free to answer as many as you wish to spark conversation with members.

4. Please remain courteous and respectful of members and their opinions.

If you've previously read this book selection, please feel free to engage & share your thoughts.

Irene | 297 comments I just finished this one. I read it too quickly when I was too tired. It fit a challenge for which today was the deadline, so I rushed through it, not expecting much. I was amazed by the use of language. It felt more like poetry than narrative prose. I am also not much of a fan of poetry, but this just captivated me with the way it conveyed impressions in layered, textured, overlapping patterns of stunning beauty. Great choice!

Irene | 297 comments What are we reading in July?