Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > June Purchases 2017

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Share your June book buys here.

message 2: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Sweet! I just got a free book from author Theresa Romain "Season for Surrendor". Thank you Theresa.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments My first purchase of this month!

Shadow Reaper (Shadow, #2) by Christine Feehan

message 4: by Betsy (new)

Betsy I just got YOUNG NELSONS by D.A.B. Ronald, which is about the young boys who served in the Royal Navy.

message 5: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Got 2 books this week, "Midnight Crossroad" by Charlaine Harris, and "A Cold Creek Secret" by RaeAnne Thayne both mass market paperback

message 6: by Joseph (new)

Just got home from my second day at Chicago's Printers Row Lit Fest. Between yesterday and today, I only ended up buying 51 books. ;-)
The third bullet and other stories
Bookmarked for death
A question of proof
The smiler with the knife
The dreadful hollow
End of chapter
Fer-de-lance
Prisoner's base
The sport of queens
The Anubis gates
The fine art of literary mayhem
The Hardy Boys detective handbook
Three good deeds
Magic for dummies
Richard Castle's deadly storm
The mysterious Mr. Quin
Taken at the flood
Three blind mice and other stories
Ordeal by innocence
Caribbean mystery
They do it with mirrors
A pocket full of rye
The mousetrap and other plays
The case of the demure defendant
The case of the runaway corpse
All our yesterdays
Brimstone
The corpse in the snowman
The sad variety
The morning after death
Lady killer
Like love
Odds against
Forfeit
Homicide trinity
He who whispers
And so to murder
Behind the crimson blind
Brandy & bullets
Artists in crime
Death of a peer
Dead man's folly
Murder in retrospect
The under dog and other stories
Double sin and other stories
N or M?
Nemesis
The secret of chimneys
The seven dials mystery
The headless cupid
Earth power

message 7: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 592 comments It looks like a good haul........ I would say that you were fortunate; my wife would say. better you than me. She isn't happy with the books that are overflowing from my library and slowly filling up the rest of our house.

message 8: by Karen M (last edited Jun 12, 2017 04:07PM) (new)

Karen M | 418 comments Amazon offered me 50% off one book because I became a Kindle Scout a while ago (don't ask) so I purchased Bastion Saturn.

message 12: by Karen M (last edited Jun 22, 2017 04:59PM) (new)

Karen M | 418 comments I really need to stop reading my email from GoodReads!! I purchased another ebook, Clapton: The Autobiography.

message 13: by Alex (new)

Alex | 11 comments I bought the following books:
Beartown
The Crossing
The Man in the High Castle

message 14: by Joseph (last edited Jun 28, 2017 07:16AM) (new)

Boy, if my trip to Printer's Row was something earlier this month, my visit to the ALA Convention in Chicago July 24-26 was even better, because I came home with ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SIX books, most were ARCs, but they were all FREE! On top of that, I got autographs from 36 different authors, too! Believe it or not, I am actually not going to keep every book, but it's certainly going to take some time to go through them to decide what I want to keep as I catalog and decide what I want to bring to the library where I work to use for prizes for our summer reading program. It's a good thing the ALA Convention only visits Chicago every four years, because it sure does feed a bibliophile's addiction something awful. ;-) All in all, I felt like Templeton at the fair, this was a veritable smorgasbord of books for a bibliophile.

message 15: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments Gone green with envy!

Bought two guilty pleasure ebooks, Revealed and Pursued.

message 16: by Dimitri (new)

Dimitri | 109 comments The delights of the independent secondhand bookstore. Eagled out a Foilo Society Edition of Pakenham's The Boer War and in the afterbrowse dragged Panzer Commander: The Memoirs of Colonel Hans von Luck from amidst a pile of musty $2 paperbacks.

message 17: by Karen M (last edited Jun 30, 2017 04:37PM) (new)

Karen M | 418 comments Did it again. This time I downloaded Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming. I had seen him interviewed a while back about the book so when I got an email from HarperCollins about ebooks on sale, of course I had to buy it! I'm not a self-proclaimed book junkie for nothing!! LOL