Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

The Husband
This topic is about The Husband
Stand Alone Novels 2000-2007 > The Husband (Group Read - July 2017)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5990 comments Mod
The Husband will featured as a Group Read in the Koontzland - Dean Koontz Goodreads Group during the month of July.

Dean's newest release, The Silent Corner will also be featured through the month of July.

Happy Summer Reading Koontzlanders!

Amy B (amydawn96) | 24 comments I know I've got The Husband somewhere! Gonna dig it out.

Amy B wrote: "I know I've got The Husband somewhere! Gonna dig it out."

Alrighty. Hope to see you back here in July :-)

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 172 comments Am looking forward to re-reading this one. It's my favorite of the 3 "regular guy" novels (The Husband, Velocity, and The Good Guy) that Koontz has written.

Matthew wrote: "Am looking forward to re-reading this one. It's my favorite of the 3 "regular guy" novels (The Husband, Velocity, and The Good Guy) that Koontz has written."

That is interesting because all of these were new releases around the time I was getting hooked on Koontz :-)

message 6: by Fred (last edited Jun 15, 2017 04:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments I have marked The Husband as to-read (re-read) thanks, Fred

Thanks Fred :-) See you soon!

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments Oh, I liked this one.

Charissa wrote: "Oh, I liked this one."

Gonna Re-read in July and/or join us in the discussion? :-)

message 10: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 172 comments The last time I re-read this was wayyyy back when a director was announced for the movie version (which I'm going to guess won't be happening). That was within a year of the book's original publication so it's been awhile!

I'd say that's a pretty good guess :-)

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments Join the conversation, yes. Reread? That I can't say.

That's okay :-) See you soon Charissa!

message 14: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia Bridges | 76 comments Cool, I have this book & haven't read it yet. Looks like it's time. :)

Yep. It's time :-)

message 16: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 172 comments I read the first 40 pages of this last night to get a jump-start before Silent Corner comes out tomorrow (WOO HOO) and good lord, the pace is blistering! Even more so than usual for our buddy Dean.

Excellent! :-) Thank you for your enthusiasm. I think you're gonna like The Silent Corner as well.

message 18: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia Bridges | 76 comments I got my pre-order of The Silent Corner delivered to my Kindle this morning. Now I just have to survive the work day so I can go home & read it after work. Waiting for this one to be released was torture!

Congratulations :-) I love The Silent Corner

Everyone can join the discussion thread here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 20: by Fred (last edited Jun 22, 2017 02:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments In a way this reminds of "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn, where Nick Dunne is being lead by Amy Dunne to her kidnapping.
Is "Mitch" Rafferty really being lead by real kidnappers?

Amy B (amydawn96) | 24 comments Even though the last Koontz book gave me the heebie jeebies (Intensity) I still plan on reading this next month.

message 22: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 172 comments Id forgotten how much I enjoyed the dialogue in this one. The conversations between Mitch and Det. Taggart are so, so tense.

I'm currently finishing Intensity & plan to begin reading The Husband next week.

Currently Reading!

Amy B (amydawn96) | 24 comments Starting this one today.

Therese Dupuy | 2 comments I read this one so long ago I forgot what happened! Guess I'll start re-reading tonight! Lol

Interesting observation. Having just finished Intensity with Chyna's mantra "untouched and alive", I noticed in The Husband this phrase appears reversed "alive . . . and untouched."

message 28: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 172 comments The reversal of "alive" and "untouched" in those quotes is very interesting. I do believe that just goes to show that human dignity is so, SO important. I can't remember titles right now, but Uncle Dean has used some variation of the phrase, "There are worse things than dying," several times over the years.

Amy B (amydawn96) | 24 comments Weeee, loved it!

Patrick Kiernan Just started this one now I'm about four books behind on my reading challenge