Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Murder on the Bucket List (A Bucket List Mystery #1)
This topic is about Murder on the Bucket List
Featured Series and Cozies > Bucket List by Elizabeth Perona

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Jun 01, 2017 05:40AM) (new)

Nell | 2571 comments Mod
The theme for June '17 is MC over 40 and the featured series is the Bucket List mysteries by Elizabeth Perona. The main characters are the Summer Ridge Bridge Club, a group of septuagenarian women. The first book in the series is Murder on the Bucket List.
Murder on the Bucket List (A Bucket List Mystery #1) by Elizabeth Perona

The other book in the series is:
Murder Under the Covered Bridge (A Bucket List Mystery #2) by Elizabeth Perona
and coming in July '17
Murder at the Male Revue by Elizabeth Perona

Murder Under the Covered Bridge
Murder at the Male Revue

Discuss any book in the series here.

message 2: by Barb (last edited Jun 08, 2017 04:49PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Barb | 668 comments Last night, I finished an ARC of book #3 from this series, and I have to say, I didn't like it as much as I did the first two. There were far too many characters to keep track of, and their possible motives made it even worse.

IMO, the reveal at the end of the book read more like a Three Stooges skit than the conclusion of a murder investigation -- although maybe that's where the "humor" factor comes into play? I'm not a big fan of books that everyone else finds hilarious -- Agatha Raisin grates on my nerves, and I can't stand Stephanie Plum! -- so maybe it's just me. Hopefully, the rest of you will like it more than I did :)

Mark Baker (carstairs38) | 673 comments I really enjoyed the first in the series. I had a niggle with the second. I'll be reading the third here in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what I think of it.