Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Louise Penny to Madison CT on Sept 9

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Sherry and Barry..... Road Trip?

MADISON, CT
Saturday, September 9
7:00 pm
RJ Julia hosting
Phone number of store: (203) 245-3959

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2941 comments Don't care about the author, but would love to catch up with you.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14205 comments Enjoy you three! Sounds fun!!
Barry - not a Three Pines fan?

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments I know Ann, right? I was so shocked I didn't know how to respond. This may require a whole re-thinking of this GR friendship...

message 5: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2941 comments Honestly, I have never read her. Does not mean I never will.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14205 comments Barry: I predict you will enjoy Louise Penny's books when you try one!
Barry wrote: "Honestly, I have never read her. Does not mean I never will."

message 7: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Barry wrote: "Honestly, I have never read her. Does not mean I never will."

Oh, okay. Understood. You're out of the doghouse! Maybe seeing her in person will pique your interest.

message 8: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2941 comments ...or at least get me to the Book Barn to look for one.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3568 comments sure! i'm way behind on the books, but an early dinner (or very late lunch) and book signing sound fun.

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Sherry wrote: "sure! i'm way behind on the books, but an early dinner (or very late lunch) and book signing sound fun."

Great! I've put it on my calendar. Would you look into getting tickets?

message 11: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3568 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Sherry wrote: "sure! i'm way behind on the books, but an early dinner (or very late lunch) and book signing sound fun."

Great! I've put it on my calendar. Would you look into getting tickets?"

just went to their website to see what's up . tickets are $30 and include a copy of the book. i emailed them to see if you can attend and not buy a book or if you have to buy the book. i'm really far behind on her books and i know barry said he hasn't read any of them, so was curious about that. will let you know. :)

message 12: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14205 comments The last few ticketed signings I have attended priced the ticket including the signed hardback book.

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3568 comments carol and barry-
tickets for the signing are $30, include the price of the book. have to buy tickets to attend the event.
michael connelly will also be at rj julia for a luncheon/signing. tickets for that are $55 and include lunch and a book. it's on a wednesday. not sure of the date but can check if you're interested (although we've seen him for free a lot..lol).
tickets can be purchased right on rj julia's website.

message 14: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Sherry and Barry;

I've moved this conversation to email.