Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > June 2017

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 30, 2017 07:01AM) (new)

I'm not sure if this is still the schedule but these are the names I had.

Sunday Lee
Monday Rita Faye
Tuesday C. Read
Wednesday
Thursday Arnie
Friday Saira
Saturday

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I moved Pastor Arnie's devotion to the devotion thread for June
June 1
Devotional for Thursday

PICTURES OF LIFE

James 4: 14
" Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. FOR WHAT IS YOUR LIFE (emphasis mine)? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

I have five pictures of life here, among many that the Bible mentioned:

1. VAPOR...
our life is very short, so we need to make use of it for the glory of our Creator. This quote states it beautifully..."one life 'twill soon be passed; only what's done for Christ will last."

2. A RACE...
"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the price? So run that ye may obtain.
And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.I therefore so run,not as uncertainly;" 1 Corinthians 9:24-26
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the thrown of God."
Hebrews 12:1-2
Let us always run the race of life God's way, and sure enough we will receive a reward...

3.BOXING...
"...So fight I, not as one that beateth the air:"1 Corinthians 29:26
In a boxing match, beating the air is both useless and tiresome...getting worried about things we can pray for, and being discouraged about things we can bring in the thrown of God's grace are both self defeating and do not honor our Lord. Let us all stand up and fight the good fight of faith! Let us hit the enemy fatal by meditating upon God's word and applying it in our day to day living.

4.BATTLE...
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
Ephesians 6:12
Let us be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might, and let us put on the whole armor of God in Ephesians 6:13-17
"Praying always with all prayers..." verse 18

5.JOURNEY...
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and He delighteth in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand."Psalm 37:23-24
In the journey of life, we get tired, we stumble sometimes, also we fall, but in the midst of these failings and fallings, the hand of our Great God is always extended to us..."Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and i will give you rest." Jesus said.

Paul said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." and so are we!
Please be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might!

Blessings!
Thank you.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Pastor Arnie, thank you for these encouraging words.

message 4: by Aerykah (last edited Jun 17, 2017 11:34AM) (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments I am so sorry for not getting this set up. I'm so behind... please forgive me! And thank you so much, Rita, for setting this up for us!

This is the list I currently have:

Sunday: Lee?
Monday: Rita Faye
Tuesday: C. Read
Wednesday: ___
Thursday: Arnie
Friday: Saira
Saturday: ___

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, June 5

Two weeks ago we had a visitor speak at our church and his message stuck with me and I want to share parts of it here. I have paraphrased and added from my notes and reflections.
The speaker was Missionary Pastor Aaron Hunter and he talked about the man at the pool of Bethesda.

John 5:2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Aramaic called Bethesda, which has five roofed colonnades. 3 In these lay a multitude of invalids—blind, lame, and paralyzed. 5 One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, He said to him, “Do you want to be healed?” 7 The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me.” 8 Jesus said to him, “Get up, take up your bed, and walk.” 9 And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked.
14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.”
Pastor Aaron said that although there were a multitude of people, maybe counting into the millions, that Jesus focused on one lonely, hopelessly person. The man Jesus healed had once been full of hope to have somebody bring him to the pool but over the years his friends lost hope and left him all alone and without them he was helpless and could not get into the pool.
God sees you and you are not alone. He is always with you. No matter what you are going through God is there. Although it may feel like your prayers have not been heard or answered, they have not been denied, just delayed. Keep the faith, and be ready to stand up, pick up your mat, and walk. Stop sinning (going back to old habits). Jesus calls you to go forward to a life of joy, peace, growth. A life restored in Jesus that will be made better than what it was before. Are you ready for the new chapter in the book of your life?

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Ephesians 3 vs 20 -Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us

We all ask God for things realistic or not. Important or not. Whether it be a need or just a want. Regardless of how miniature or huge a situation may be God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we ASK or even THINK according to the POWER that worketh IN US.

Look at Blind Bartimius. He had a need. He didn't SEE Jesus he only HEARD of Him. He cried out to Jesus because he had a need. Though those around tried to shut him up he cried even louder because he had something that he needed Jesus for. He had a need. If he had just sat there and said "I'v been blind all my life what's a few more years" he wouldn't have been healed. Though he was adviced to shut up he cried out and asked for mercy and he received his sight.

So today and the rest of our lives, let us refrain from keeping silent regardless of the intensity or mildness of the situation don't be afraid to cry out to God because He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, June 12

Next Sunday is Father's Day in the United States and many other countries. This week please honor the Fathers and Grandfathers in your life.

The Bible has many verses on how a father should raise his children and how children should respect and obey their fathers.

Proverbs 23:22 Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. (NIV)

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. (NIV)

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 - "These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."(NIV)

Proverbs 23:24 - "The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him."(NIV)

Exodus 20:12 - "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you."(NIV)

Collosians 3:20 - "Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord."(NIV)

Our fathers and grandfathers have spent their lives working to support their families. Many of them often miss important events in their children's lives while working. Some people may think that their fathers do not care about them or that work is more important than they are to their fathers. Remember, most men work long hours to provide for the present and future expenses (college, retirement) of their families. Many men do not know how to express their love verbally because they have been taught not to show their feelings and working long hours is how they show their love. This week let your father know how much you love him. Thank him for all that he is doing and has done for you and his family. Give back to him of yourself (not just a tacky tie). Spend time with your father doing something that he enjoys. If your father has passed then spend time remembering him and telling your children about him. If your father is not in your life, honor the men that have been father figures to you. These men may not know how much they mean to you.
If you are a father use the time spent with your children on Father's Day to tell them how much you love them too.

Remember this week to thank our Father in Heaven for all that He has done (is doing/will do) for you. Thank Him for the sacrifice of His Son, for His Grace and Mercy and for each day that He gives you (has given you) with your earthly father.

Thank you Fathers for raising your children to love God.

Have a blessed week.

message 8: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Here am I; send me.

Devotional for Tuesday / 13 June 2017 – 19 Sivan 5777

Hi Everyone,

We just got back from Haiti, and it was such a wonderful experience! I love the people of Haiti! They are a very loving and gracious people. Even though we were in some very dangerous areas, the Lord was with us! Praise God!

While we were there, we were able to hand out food to 130 families that should last them a month. We also built a house for a family while we were there. (On a previous visit, our Haiti Mission Team built a house that was able to withstand the hurricane that hit them last year.)

I helped in the medical clinic, visited people in the villages, and went to their church service. It was such a blessing to meet the people. They seemed very happy to see us, and I will never forget them!

It was such a bittersweet experience! I was so sad for the people, but very blessed to be with them. I pray that God will continue to bless the people of Haiti! May God direct our hearts to always pray for those who are in need of help! And may we be available when God says Go!

This is a Scripture that I shared with some of the people of Haiti during an English speaking class they were taking. It is a very good verse for all of us to always remember!

Proverbs 28:6 “Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.”

Even though the poor may have nothing, if they are Real Christians, they are much more blessed than those who do not have Christ, but have everything this world has to offer. For those who belong to the Lord, we have a wonderful place awaiting us Heaven with our God, and it will be forever!

I would like to share this passage that puts eternity in perspective. And even though it was written in a different day and age, it still has great eternal significance.

“The number of a man’s days at the most are an hundred years. As a drop of water unto the sea, and a gravel stone in comparison of the sand; so are a thousand years to the days of eternity.”

God be with you my dear brothers and sisters in Christ! You are always in my prayers even when I am away…

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 9: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments God bless you Pastor Arnie, Rita, and Lee! Thank you for your devotion to the Lord!

message 10: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "Here am I; send me.

Devotional for Tuesday / 13 June 2017 – 19 Sivan 5777

Hi Everyone,

We just got back from Haiti, and it was such a wonderful experience! I love the people of Haiti! They are a..."

Thank you so much my Dearest Friend C for sharing to us your wonderful experiences in the mission field. It is really blessed to be a blessing to others, especially to the needy. To God be the glory!

message 11: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Devotional for (late) Thursday
17 June 2017

Not a PRAYER REQUEST but a PRAYER REQUESTED
1 Thessalonians 5:25
"Brethren, pray for us."

I got sick last week, that's why i wasn't able to share a devotional, and tonight's devotional is somewhat related to it.

Our small churches here have prayermeetings on Wednesdays,Thursdays,and Fridays, and there are cottage prayermeetings in homes on Saturdays. In these very special gatherings, we usually sing praises to the Lord, share our praises and testimonies, and listen to the preaching of the Word of God. After that, we share our "prayer requests"- things we usually wanted to be prayed for by those present. Most common of our prayer requests are: health, financial needs,work/jobs,safety for travels,problems, etc
We usually ask,"what is your prayer request?", then we can hear: "Please for my needs- food, school fees, payment for bills..." which is indeed an acknowledgement that we are dependent upon God's provisions through His answer to our prayers.

But our text is quiet different, because the Apostle Paul did not share a prayer request, but a request for prayers- "Pray for us". It teaches us that the prayers of our Brothers and Sisters in the Lord is of great value in our service to our King Jesus! It acknowledges our need for praying for each other being a member of God's family. We need each other's prayer because we can not do it alone. God brought us to one another so that we can pray for each of our Brethren. Offering a prayer on behalf of someone is a great blessing.
And i believe, this is one of our heart's desire, that someone will be praying for us.
This is what I wanted to request to all our Real Christian friends- Brethren, please pray for us. Thank you so much, and be assured of my prayers for you!

Blessings!
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 19, 2017 08:11AM) (new)

Monday, June 19

Today, I had no idea what I would write for my devotion. I started seeking a subject to write about when I realized that seeking was the subject. I know I have written about seeking God before but seeking Him is not a one time thing, it is something that should be done on a daily, hourly, basis.

Luke 11:9-10 "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. "For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.

Luke 12:29-31 "And do not seek what you will eat and what you will drink, and do not keep worrying. "For all these things the nations of the world eagerly seek; but your Father knows that you need these things. "But seek His kingdom, and these things will be added to you.

Jeremiah 29:13 'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

I know many people that once they are saved think that they do not have to seek God anymore. These people think that all they need to do is come to church, sing a song, say a prayer and listen to the preacher for an hour and they are done with God for a week unless anything goes wrong.
At one time, I was one of them because nobody took the time to explain to me that seeking God was something I needed to do daily. Growing up, I never read the Bible for myself or sat and talked about it with family. My grandfather was a preacher but my mother and grandmother always shooed us out of the room when he had his Bible out or when other grown ups were there having a Biblical discussion. There were five of us and we were a noisy bunch so I'm sure they were thinking about the adults being able to talk and never realized what they were keeping us kids from hearing.
Sometimes even now, I find that I worry over a decision without seeking God first. When I do remember to seek God, my decisions are easier to make and at times there is a very clear choice.
Think about it like this: as a child when you got up in the morning, the first thing you did was seek a good morning kiss and hug from your parents and tell them that you loved them. You gave them a hug when you got home from school or they got home from work. You hugged and kissed them again when you went to bed at night. Whenever you needed advice you talked to your parents, some of us still do.
Seeking God is the same thing. Each time we read the Bible, sing a song, say a prayer or praise Him it is a kiss or a hug to our Heavenly Father. Each time we seek an answer from Him, we are asking advice from our Parent.
Take time today to kiss and hug your Heavenly Father and tell Him how much you love and need Him.
You will grow and blossom in that love like a small child that thrives in their parents' love.

May you share many hugs and kisses with God this week.

message 13: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments My dear Pastor Arnie, I am so thankful you are better! You are surely in my prayers! May God be with you my brother!

Rita, I love to read your devotions and other writings. May we always remember to involve God in our thoughts and actions! We surely need Him! And He deserves our devotion! Amen.

message 14: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Devotional for Tuesday / 20 June 2017 – 26 Sivan 5777

I would like to share a poem that I wrote many years ago. It kind of goes along with Rita's encouraging words to seek the Lord God everyday!

~~~~~

MY REAL FATHER

I have truly enjoyed the conversations we’ve had of late,

and I Am so thankful You are nothing like I assumed was Your fate.

Those assumptions were based on dissimulation,

I know the truth now and have accurate information.

That is truly all that really matters, You see,

because You are just like the real Father I’d want You to be.

I have always had fond memories of You in my heart,

and I’ve longed for a relationship

when we are together and not apart.

I Am so very thankful and I must confess,

that I have truly been so wonderfully blessed,

with others to stand in and take Your place,

Until the great Day that we meet again face to face!

I Am so sorry for the pain that You have been through,

and the sense of loss that I am sure has been there, too.

It’s hard to think that due to death

we are finally going to meet,

but I can even be thankful in the face of seeming defeat.

I truly trust and believe all that has taken place,

was in Your mighty plan that You hoped we’d embrace.

And due to the great knowledge and my genuine faith,

death is the beginning if we believe what the Prophet sayeth:

Repent and believe for the day is at hand,

and it’s time for God’s people to make a stand!

God truly desires to give and to share,

His glorious kingdom with those He holds dear.

I hope you will be spared from the wrath that is to come;

and there is only one way, through Jesus Christ, His Son!

For unto us a child was born.

And They have called His name Emmanuel.

The mighty counselor! The Prince of Peace! The almighty God!

Who is Jesus my LORD, my Savior, my Redeemer, and my Friend.

And He’s given Himself for all those that call upon Him.

Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, and might,

be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne,

and unto the Lamb, for ever and ever.

Amen!

2 January 1994 ~ C. Read
www.TrueLightPublications.com

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you C, I love your poem.

message 16: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, June 19

Today, I had no idea what I would write for my devotion. I started seeking a subject to write about when I realized that seeking was the subject. I know I have written about seekin..."

Thank you so much Rita Faye for this precious reminder! I love this passage, along with Matthew 6:33. More hugs and kisses with God indeed!

message 17: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "Devotional for Tuesday / 20 June 2017 – 26 Sivan 5777

I would like to share a poem that I wrote many years ago. It kind of goes along with Rita's encouraging words to seek the Lord God everyday!

..."

Thank you so much My Dear friend C! This poem is a great blessing to me and to those I was able to share it with for these past years!
To God be the glory for all these wonderful blessings for us His children! Thank you so much our Dear Heavenly Father!

message 18: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Devotional for Thursday

KEEP ETERNITY IN MIND
1 Timothy 6:18-19
"That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may hold on eternal life."

I read this devotional about 27 years ago...
Many years ago, a group of people mistakenly thought that the best preparation for eternity is by taking no pleasure in life here on earth. They ate the simplest food; isolate themselves in caves, never take a bath; wore a camel's skin garment with the hair on the inside to produce itching. They were wrong!
Today, many Christians err by going to the opposite extreme. They get so caught up in the pleasures and comforts of this life that they give little thought to the life hereafter.

The writer of Ecclesiastes knew the right balance.
He said it is "good and fitting" to enjoy our earthly blessings (Eccl.5:18). He also reminded us that whatever degree of health and wealth we posses is "the gift of God" (Eccl.5:19).
Christians are citizens of two worlds. God desires that the earthly blessings He gives us contribute to our happiness. But He warns us not to set our hearts on them. Paul said that by doing good we can store up riches for eternal future (1Timothy 5:17-19)

We can best enjoy God's earthly blessings when we keep eternity and heaven in mind.

"All things of earth are but a mist
That quickly fades away;
What last throughout eternity
Is how we live today"

Blessings!
Thank you for reading.
Keep yourself strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 19: by HailSaira (last edited Jun 23, 2017 04:28PM) (new)

HailSaira | 95 comments Devotional for Friday

(I know I'm not on the list at the top here, but I volunteered and Aerykah said she was going to add me to the list)

"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." (Revelation 3:16)

Oh, the curse of indifference!  I hope it bypasses you entirely and you remain unhindered to do the Lord's work zealously.

It is easy to become comfortable in a state of passiveness.  As soon as a garden is not tended to, weeds begin to grow.  Our minds are gardens in a sense.  Sins are like weeds.  And they grow so naturally, that we often do not realize that they have already taken root.   Not everything that happens naturally is right.  The weakness in human nature is very natural to us and it is often used as an excuse to give in to temptation.  Protect yourself from your own mind, beloved.

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man."  (Matthew 15:18)

Question all areas of your life.  Especially ones that seem comforting and traditional.  Pray over all areas of your life.  Especially those that seem safe and good.  You may be surprised at the sins that surface when you ask God to reveal them.

Why does it matter if you are passive about doing right and cutting down the sin?  You're a Christian right?  You're going to reach heaven in the end anyway, right?

Oh, but think how God feels when He sees that we feel no sorrow when exposed to evil!  He has set the standard for justice and purity, and He has given this sense of discernment to us too.  It is the Holy Spirit within-- the code of righteousness-- the conscience that is inborn in every human that tells us if something be right or wrong.  It is not a question of toleration.  We are commanded to love people but we are not commanded to accept sin.

But why does it matter?  Does God really care if we take action or not?

Do you think that after creating the world; arranging the DNA strands and 23 pairs of chromosomes and genetics so that every person in the entire world is unique and lives a unique life, God would become disinterested in you?  Do you think He could care less if you fail or you succeed, if you fight or you drift, if you do wrong or you do right?  Do you think God is ever indifferent?  

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"  (Philippians 1:6)

No, beloved.  He is not.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 23, 2017 07:19PM) (new)

HailSaira wrote: "Devotional for Friday

(I know I'm not on the list at the top here, but I volunteered and Aerykah said she was going to add me to the list)

"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor..."

Good devotion, I like the way you compared our minds to gardens and sins are weeds

message 21: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments So Much To Thank Him For

WHEN I LOOK AROUND AND SEE
THE GOOD THINGS HE DOES FOR ME
I KNOW I’M UNWORTHY OF THEM ALL
BUT HIS BLESSINGS HE FREELY GIVES
I OWE MY LIFE TO HIM
I’VE GOT SO MUCH TO THANK HIM FOR.

CHORUS :
AND I’VE GOT SO MUCH TO THANK HIM FOR
SO MUCH TO PRAISE HIM FOR
WELL YOU SEE NOW HE HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME
AND WHEN I THINK OF WHAT HE’S DONE
AND WHERE HE'S BROUGHT ME FROM
I’VE GOT SO MUCH TO THANK HIM FOR

VERSE 2 :
AND SOMETIMES WHILE ON THIS WAY
I KNEEL AND I STOP AND SAY
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU’VE DONE FOR ME
ONE DAY I’LL REACH SWEET HEAVENS SHORE
OH PLEASE JUST LET ME KNEEL ONCE MORE
I’VE GOT SO MUCH TO THANK YOU FOR

A rich man looked through his window and saw a poor man picking things from his trash bin. He said, “Thank God, I’m not poor.”

The poor man looked around and saw a naked man in lunatic displays on the street. He said, “Thank God, I’m not mad.”

The mad man looked ahead and saw an ambulance carrying a patient. He too said, “Thank God, am not on the sick bed.”

Then a sick person in the hospital saw a trolley taking a dead body to the mortuary. He said, Thank God, I’m not dead.”

Only a dead person cannot thank God. Why don’t you thank God today for all your blessings and for the gift of life? Don’t forget also the gift of another beautiful day.

To appreciate life better, you need to visit three places:
The Hospital
The Prison and
The Cemetery

At the hospital, you will understand that nothing is more beautiful than health. In the prison, you’ll see that freedom is the most precious thing. At the cemetery, you will realize that life is worth nothing. The ground that we walk on today will be our roof tomorrow.

We all come with nothing and we will go with nothing. Let us, therefore, remain humble and be thankful to God, at all times, for everything. Ephesians 2:8-9 (King James Version (KJV)) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

None of these words are mine, but I hope they can be a blessing to you as they have been to me.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I apologize for posting late, my internet data allowance was 0 yesterday.

Post for Monday, June 26

Last week our pastor went to a conference in California. Sunday, he shared some of what he learned and today I want to pass it on to you.

The church is to be seen as a family not a business.

We are bought with the Blood of Jesus Christ.

You have a different bloodline as a believer and have been brought into Abraham's blessings and David's bloodline.

If your name is in the Lamb's Book of Life, you are blood related to everyone else in the book.

The saying "blood is thicker than water" means that family will be there for you when nobody else will be.

The church is FAMILY and is the TRUEST form of blood relationships that you will ever have.

Everybody wants somebody to look them in the face and say "I'm not going anywhere".

Show your Christian brothers and sisters that the Blood of Jesus Christ is "thicker than water", be there for each other just as the early church were there for each other.

God Bless You this week Brothers and Sisters

message 23: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments HailSaira wrote: "I know I'm not on the list at the top here, but I volunteered and Aerykah said she was going to add me to the list"

Since Rita started this thread, the first comment is hers & I can't edit it. I posted a schedule in comment #4, though & added you there. :)
Thank you for sharing! :)

message 24: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments 30 June 2017 / 6 Tamuz 5777

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for your devotions! I really loved reading them.

Thank you Pastor Arnie, eternity is truly what we must live for!

And Lee, yes, we must always, always be thankful! Because if we are, we will never be ungrateful!

Hi HailSaira! Welcome to our devotionals! I appreciate your message. And I do believe apathy/indifference causes so many to sin against God. May we always be busy about the work of the Lord, as He leads us by His Holy Spirit.

You said, "It is the Holy Spirit within-- the code of righteousness-- the conscience that is inborn in every human that tells us if something be right or wrong."

I am not sure if you meant to word it differently, and yes, I do believe that God has given all of us a conscience to know right from wrong, but the Holy Spirit is only within those who are truly "born again." Please prayerfully consider my devotional that shows why I believe this. :)

Rita Faye, I am so thankful we are apart of God's family! God bless you and your loved ones this week too!

May everyone have a very blessed 4th of July! As I mentioned to a dear Christian a moment ago, Freedom isn't free! And freedom, in my view, doesn't mean people are free to say and do any vile thing that comes to their heart and mind!

I pray for the Day when Justice will truly prevail!

God bless and keep you all!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 25: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments THE WORD of GOD

Devotional for Tuesday 27 June 2017 / 3 Tamuz 5777
(Posted a bit late on 30 June 2017)

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.”

Jesus Christ is the living WORD, and He was with God, the Creator, from the very beginning!

John 1:4 “In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

John 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through Him might believe.

John 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.”

Jesus Christ is the “True Light” that God sent into this dark and dying world to save whosoever would believe in Him and His great sacrifice when He gave His life on the cross at Calvary.

John 1:10 “He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

John 1:11 He came unto His own, and His own received Him not.”

Not only did the world fail to see God, but so many of the religious Jews rejected their Messiah, as foretold in the Holy Scriptures!

John 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”

It is only by God that a man (or woman) will be “born again.” To become “the sons of God” is not contingent upon a person’s bloodline, or their will, or the will of another man. To be granted the great privilege to be a part of God’s “spiritual” family is solely in the hands of God.

John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

God’s says that everyone who comes into this world has an opportunity to come to Christ, but according to the Scriptures, not all men will follow Him. Moreover, not until a person is truly born of God’s Spirit will the Holy Spirit dwell “within” that person in order to give them power over their sin.

We must remember, it was the tree of “good and evil” that Adam and Eve ate from that caused them to sin against God. Similarly, “good” works and “evil” deeds will both garner men a place in Hell. Only those who are truly born of God’s Spirit, and eat from the tree of Life, will have a place in Heaven!

John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.”

By the same token, no man can come to Christ, except by the Father.

As Real Christians, it is our obligation before God, and should be our earnest desire before men, to direct lost souls to Christ, as we are led by His Holy Spirit, according to the WORD of GOD! Amen!

May God be with you and your loved ones!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 26: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Thank you, thank you for the Devotions! Like my friend C I really loved and edified by them!

Devotion for Thursday
A PRAYER REQUESTED (2)
1 Thessalonians 5:25
"Brethren, pray for us."

This is a more organized outline of my 17th June Devotionals.

Paul's Request for Prayers teaches us at least three principles in our Christian life:
1. DEPENDENCE
2. OBEDIENCE
3. INTERDEPENDENCE

Requesting for prayers shows that we depend upon the Lord for provision,strength,and grace for the day, because without God on our side, we can do nothing.
John 15:5
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."

Prayer is expected,encouraged,and commanded to Christians, and requesting for prayers leads us to obedience to the Bibles' expectations:
Luke 18:1
" And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray and not to faint."
1 Thessalonians 5:17
" Pray without ceasing."

Finally, intercession is very important in our Christian life because we need each other's prayers. This request of Paul shows how he valued the prayers of other believers in the Family of God even how great a service he has done for the Lord! He is one greatest missionary who ever lived, yet he asked for prayers from ordinary believers. It shows that we are interdependent upon each other. The Lord put us into His body-the Church and each one is a part of each other. It is a comfort and encouragement for us, because here we can know that we are not alone in all the things we endure for our Great God; and our Savior Jesus Christ our Lord!
What a privilege! What an opportunity! What grace!!!

Brethren, pray for us as we are praying for you as well, very constantly!

Blessings!
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 27: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "30 June 2017 / 6 Tamuz 5777

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for your devotions! I really loved reading them.

Thank you Pastor Arnie, eternity is truly what we must live for!

And Lee, yes, we must alway..."

Thank you very much my Dear Friend C.
It's always good and joyful to hear from you!
May the Lord always keep you healthy and strong both physically and spiritually as you keep yourself busy in the service of the Most High God!
A blessed Fourth of July to you and to all REAL CHRISTIANS!

message 28: by HailSaira (last edited Jun 30, 2017 01:33PM) (new)

HailSaira | 95 comments Devotional for Friday

I recently walked through a time when I was too busy (or thought I was too busy) to read much of the Bible. A verse or two, here and there, a short devotional from a book. A quick thank you prayer before a meal, before bed. But I did not take time to bask in God's presence. I did not wait long enough and did not exercise patience enough to enjoy the silence. I was too caught up in my own stuff-- my own life-- my own desires.
I became listless and easily discouraged. It was not a good time. It was very, very lonely.
I didn't really feel like reading the Bible, but after a while I made myself do it and I was surprised by the sweetness I found in the words.

"He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters." Psalm 18:16

"Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name." Psalm 18:49

I began to read more, little by little, and I got a better attitude. It did not happen instantly. It took time and patience and self-control. As of now, I am still on the road uphill. It is hard, but I know there is a beautiful view waiting for me at the top.
I challenge you, brothers and sisters, to read your Bible more and receive comfort and joy and friendship from the Lord. That hole in your heart cannot be filled with books or movies or Youtube or even good friends. It must be filled by the best friend: Jesus. He yearns to be with you and talk with you and help you and love you. He takes so much time for you. Take some time for Him today.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I still struggle with allowing time for Bible reading. When I do take time to be still and enjoy God's Word don't want to stop reading.

message 30: by HailSaira (new)

HailSaira | 95 comments Rita Faye wrote: "I still struggle with allowing time for Bible reading. When I do take time to be still and enjoy God's Word don't want to stop reading."

I'm glad to hear that you don't want to stop reading. I know God really delights in us when we take time to enjoy Him and His Word. I'll be praying for you.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.