The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENTS > The Summer 2017 Challenge Begins!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4933 comments Mod
The Summer 2017 Challenge has begun!

Welcome back returning players! Thank you for making this group so much fun. If you are just joining us as a new player, we are glad you are here.

If you need help getting started please see Getting Started, SRC Explained, and Welcome Newcomers.

The Summer 2017 bonus theme is Medieval Wonders

There are 67 tasks.
The Challenge point goal is 1270.

10 x 5 points = 50
10 x 10 points = 100
10 x15 points = 150
10 x 20 points = 200
12 x 25 points = 300
14 x 30 points = 420
1 x 50 points = 50

Many of the tasks have already been posted. The remaining tasks will be posted as they are available. The aim is to have all tasks, excepting 50.1, posted by June 7. All tasks are draft until June 12. Please carefully review the task descriptions on June 13 as task requirements may have changed during the review period. Task 50.1 will be posted after the season midpoint July 15.

Please read the task descriptions thoroughly!

We strongly recommend that you review The Rules of the Challenge, FAQs and Posting Requirements.

The Summer 2017 Challenge will end on August 31, 2017 at midnight Eastern time.

We hope this season's tasks lead you to some great books. Happy reading!

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

All the 5-30 point tasks for the Summer Challenge have been posted.

All tasks are draft until June 12. Changes may be made in the task descriptions until that date. Before you begin reading, please re-check the task description as some changes may impact your book choice.

There is a help thread for each task in the Summer 2017 Task Help folder. General questions about the Summer 2017 Challenge may be asked in the General Questions thread. Specific questions about individual tasks should be posted in the Help Threads for those tasks.

The 50 point task will be posted after the July 15 Challenge midpoint.

Happy reading!

message 3: by SRC Moderator (last edited Jun 13, 2017 01:57AM) (new)

The 5-30 point tasks for the Summer Challenge are now final. There have been a few changes/tweaks to the tasks since they were initially posted, so be sure to re-check the task descriptions before posting.

message 4: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 13, 2017 10:24AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3766 comments I don't want to add work to the moderators' duties .. but it sure would be helpful to know WHICH tasks were tweaked.

I am posting a note in my task to alert people.

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16197 comments Mod
Book Concierge wrote: "I don't want to add work to the moderators' duties .. but it sure would be helpful to know WHICH tasks were tweaked.

I am posting a note in my task to alert people."

People should read through the tasks as they currently are before posting.