The Catholic Book Club discussion

The Perfect Blindside
This topic is about The Perfect Blindside
June 2017 - Perfect Blindside > 11. Ask the Author

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Seymour | 1858 comments Mod
11. While she may not be available for the first few days of the month, Leslea Wahl has agreed to take questions, so , what do you want to ask? Have you read other books by the same author? If so how does this book compare. If not, does this book inspire you to read others?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 71 comments Which character was the hardest to write?

Also...does Everest appear in the sequel?

message 3: by Leslea (new) - added it

Leslea Wahl | 6 comments Sarah wrote: "Which character was the hardest to write?

Also...does Everest appear in the sequel?"

Two characters were a bit of a challenge. Since I've never been a teenage boy, it took me a little while to get Jake's voice. But once I felt like I really "knew" him, it came together. The other character I struggled with was their friend Mitchell. This is a very special character with Down syndrome. I wanted to show how caring he was and to be completely respectful so I wouldn't offend anyone. I actually sent the pre-published manuscript to the Special Olympics to get approval of that character and those scenes.
And yes, Everest makes an appearance in the sequel. :)

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 71 comments If you ever write a character with autism, you can always ask for my blessing. Since I have it, I'll tell you if something can be interpreted the wrong way.

Everest does! Yay!