Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > June Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2018 comments Mod
Six months in....what romance are you listening to?

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara Portman (saraportman) Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. Its the one historical romance everyone is shocked to hear I haven't read.Lord of Scoundrels

message 3: by kathie (new)

kathie (kathie-ellen) | 7 comments Salt Hendon (first book-Salt Bride) Salt Hendon Collection A Georgian Historical Romance Boxed Set by Lucinda Brant with Alex Wyndham. I'm new to this group and relatively new to audio but finding I am enjoying it more and more.

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper And One Last Thing ...- love me some Molly Harper with narration by Amanda Ronconi. I really do LOL while driving (to the consternation of other drivers).

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4547 comments Mod
I'm listening to Don't Let Go by Jaci Burton, Hope #6.
Don't Let Go (Hope, #6) by Jaci Burton

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Sara wrote: "Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. Its the one historical romance everyone is shocked to hear I haven't read.Lord of Scoundrels"

It's a good one!

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

kathie wrote: "Salt Hendon (first book-Salt Bride)Salt Hendon Collection A Georgian Historical Romance Boxed Set by Lucinda Brant with Alex Wyndham. I'm new to this group and relatively new to audio but find..."

Glad to hear, Kathie!

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i'm listening to Hold Your Breath (Katie Ruggle)- new to me author

message 9: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 701 comments Just finished My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella. It was a little slow at the beginning but finished strong.

Next up - I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1) by Karen Rose I Can See You by Karen Rose.

message 10: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Dee wrote: "i'm listening to Hold Your Breath (Katie Ruggle)- new to me author"

I'm listening to Gone Too Deep (Search and Rescue, #3) by Katie Ruggle Gone Too Deep, the third book in that series. I read the first two and enjoyed them, but I'm struggling a bit with the narrator in this one. She talks *so* fast, it's like a speed event!

message 11: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Listened to Jo Beverley's final book Merely a Marriage. Narration was adequate. I wanted to like the story more than I did, but it was an OK listen.

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments JaneA wrote: "Dee wrote: "i'm listening to Hold Your Breath (Katie Ruggle)- new to me author"

I'm listening to Gone Too Deep (Search and Rescue, #3) by Katie RuggleGone Too Deep, the third book in ..."

interesting - same narrator as previously? I also know that my hoopla (which is what I am listening to this one on) randomly started playing a 1.25x

message 13: by Katera (last edited Jun 07, 2017 07:58AM) (new)

Katera | 16 comments Jonetta wrote: "I'm listening to Don't Let Go by Jaci Burton, Hope #6.
Don't Let Go (Hope, #6) by Jaci Burton"

I just added this book to my list

message 14: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 139 comments I'm listening to Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley . It's Kristen Ashley "lite". Fun so far. The narrator really fits the character.

message 15: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 701 comments Melanie♥ wrote: "I'm listening to Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley. It's Kristen Ashley "lite". Fun so far. The narrator really fits the character."

I finished that audio last week, I liked it. You're right about the narrator, she did a great job. It was a cute story, I loved Fazire.

**A great bargain when purchasing the ebook for $2.99, the audio add on is only $1.99... for now.

message 16: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Dee wrote: "interesting - same narrator as previously? I also know that my hoopla (which is what I am listening to this one on) randomly started playing a 1.25x"

Hmm, that is interesting! I got it through Audible so I'm not sure that's the problem. But if I could reduce the speed by .25 I'd be happier. And yes, it's the same narrator.

message 17: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments JaneA - Check your app to make sure it's not going at a faster speed!

message 18: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments D.G. wrote: "JaneA - Check your app to make sure it's not going at a faster speed!"

Thanks D.G. I have a Sandisk Clip Zip, I checked and the speed is "normal". I may try to go through my phone and see if I can mess with the speed there.

message 19: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments I rolled from Hold Your Breath right into Fan the Flames (bk2 in the series) - yay for Hoopla - they also have bks 3/4 so I may go that way next (even if I have an epic ton of other books to listen to)

message 20: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 11, 2017 06:46AM) (new)

I finished listening to Don't Let Go by Jaci Burton, Hope #6, and enjoyed it. Here's my review.

I'm now listening to Come Sundown by Nora Roberts.
Don't Let Go (Hope, #6) by Jaci Burton Come Sundown by Nora Roberts

message 21: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 701 comments Recently finished I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1) by Karen Rose I Can See You by Karen Rose and Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I really enjoyed both stories.

Next up - An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "Recently finished I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1) by Karen RoseI Can See You by Karen Rose and Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabet..."

Some great listening, Kathy!

message 23: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments I'm listening to Kiss of Midnight - its not too bad soo far - lots of my friends have raved about it

message 24: by Samantha (new)

Dee wrote: "I'm listening to Kiss of Midnight - its not too bad soo far - lots of my friends have raved about it"

I like the series.

message 25: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 158 comments SLIGHTLY SCANDALOUS by Mary Balogh

message 26: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments Samantha wrote: "Dee wrote: "I'm listening to Kiss of Midnight - its not too bad soo far - lots of my friends have raved about it"

I like the series."

I think I'm kind of ehhh because everyone raves about it - but it just feels old now (the first one came out like a decade ago)...its getting better but I'm only mildly intrigued

message 27: by Samantha (new)

Dee wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Dee wrote: "I'm listening to Kiss of Midnight - its not too bad soo far - lots of my friends have raved about it"

I like the series."

I think I'm kind of ehhh becau..."

I have series on my list that I want to read but the first book was written so long ago that I worry it will not be fresh to me.

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

I got a bit behind in my postings. I finished listening to the following:

Come Sundown by Nora Roberts: my review
Finding You by Jo Watson, Destination Love #3: my review

I'm now listening to Closer Than You Think by Karen Rose, Romantic Suspense #16.
Come Sundown by Nora Roberts Finding You (Destination Love, #3) by Jo Watson Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose

message 29: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 145 comments I have been charmed by Sun in the Morning by Elizabeth Cadell and by Iris in Winter by Elizabeth Cadell . Both narrations were done by two of Cadell's great granddaughters and they were beautifully done. Knowing who they were, well, it just added something extra to the listening experience.

message 30: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments I am enjoying A Study in Scarlet Women A Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1) by Sherry Thomas - I love the story as well as the narration. Kate Reading is such a delight.

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments so I finished up Kiss of Midnight - untimately disappointed...I felt like it should have been a later book in the series; the world building was only so-so

message 32: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Dee wrote: "so I finished up Kiss of Midnight - untimately disappointed...I felt like it should have been a later book in the series; the world building was only so-so"

I hear you! I'm not a big fan of the narrator either.

message 33: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 92 comments I listened to and have reviewed About That Night by Julie James narrated by Karen White. I want to thank whoever recommended this series on this group as it is truly awesome. Every one of the books have been 5-star romantic suspense listens for me so far!
http://www.readingbetweenthewinesbook...

message 34: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments D.G. wrote: "Dee wrote: "so I finished up Kiss of Midnight - untimately disappointed...I felt like it should have been a later book in the series; the world building was only so-so"

I hear you! I..."

I didn't mind the narrator (Hilary Huber, I think) - but just underwhelmed with the story - but I've had other books like that, friends have raved about how awesome and I'm just like WTF...(Pamela Clare is an author like that for me)

message 35: by Samantha (new)

Dee wrote: "so I finished up Kiss of Midnight - untimately disappointed...I felt like it should have been a later book in the series; the world building was only so-so"

Too bad. I never listened to it but I read it years ago so it was different for me.

message 36: by James (new)

James (jemerald523) | 5 comments I've just read Broken by Kelly Elliott. Are there books that have the same "feel" any of you could recommend? By feel, I mean, the main guy isn't an outright billionaire or masochist, or playboy. Just a good romance with semi realistic mains. Cowboys, for example, were right up my ally, if you will. Any suggestions appreciated :)

message 37: by Annette (new)

Annette Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader" James wrote: "I've just read Broken by Kelly Elliott. Are there books that have the same "feel" any of you could recommend? By feel, I mean, the main guy isn't an outright billionaire or masochist, or playboy. J..."

Hi James, are you asking for only audible or books?
When I started on Goodreads I went to the Browse/Favorite Genre list then looked at what sounded interesting to me. Most authors list the genre along side their books, so you can avoid the genre's your not interested in. Hope this helps.

message 38: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Just finished Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5) by Penny Reid Beauty and the MustacheI'd read this book when it first came out and recalling that I enjoyed it I decided to listen in audio. I loved everything about it, it was my first time listening to Joy Nash, who did a good job, and the book itself is wonderful. The epilogue is incredibly romantic. Five stars.

message 39: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 701 comments JaneA wrote: "Just finished Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5) by Penny ReidBeauty and the MustacheI'd read this book when it first came out and recalling that I enjoyed it I decided to listen in aud..."

I love Penny Reid, her books are awesome. I'm currently listening to Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3) by Penny Reid Love Hacked, so far it's great, I'm enjoying the narration.

message 40: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 701 comments Recently finished An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick, #4) by Kristen Ashley Rock Chick Renegade by Kristen Ashley. I thought they were both entertaining listens with good narrators.

An Ember in the Ashes was a different read for me, YA fantasy. It started a little slow, but thankfully picked up. The world building and plot was interesting, it was a 4 star read for me. Story continues, next book in series is A Torch Against the Night.

message 41: by Katera (new)

Katera | 16 comments Half way through The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4) by Julia Quinn Love my historical novels. Loving the couple.

message 42: by Jonetta (new)

JaneA wrote: "Just finished Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5) by Penny ReidBeauty and the MustacheI'd read this book when it first came out and recalling that I enjoyed it I decided to listen in aud..."

I'm looking forward to reading this author. On the surface, the books don't seem that extraordinary. However, too many of my friends are raving about them.

message 43: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Closer Than You Think by Karen Rose, Romantic Suspense #16, and it was great! Here's my review.
Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose

message 44: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments Jonetta wrote: "JaneA wrote: "Just finished Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5) by Penny ReidBeauty and the MustacheI'd read this book when it first came out and recalling that I enjoyed it I decided to..."

I liked her initially, but her last few books have just seemed very cookie cutter, jumping on the current trends (does that make sense?)

message 45: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 92 comments I listened and reviewed on our blog Fatal Deception, a suspenseful romance by Katie Reus and voiced by Pyper Down. I loved it and have enjoyed the entire series. http://www.readingbetweenthewinesbook...

message 46: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Dee wrote: "I liked her initially, but her last few books have just seemed very cookie cutter, jumping on the current trends (does that make sense?)."

I haven't liked all her books equally, but Neanderthal Seeks Human and Beauty and the Mustache are 5 stars for me. And the audios of both are excellent.

message 47: by Katera (new)

Katera | 16 comments Just finished The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4) by Julia Quinn
https://My Review/review/edit/22046656

message 48: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Jonetta wrote: "JaneA wrote: "Just finished Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5) by Penny ReidBeauty and the MustacheI'd read this book when it first came out and recalling that I enjoyed it I decided to..."

I read the first book of Knitting in the City and it was the usual billionaire romance but I sort of liked her voice. I think I'll read her Beard series at some point.

message 49: by Sue (last edited Jul 01, 2017 06:37AM) (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Been focused on "Karen White" the author, really enjoy her use of past and present (so basically a small slice of history along with usually a mystery that involves the present, with a small slice of romance).

Also re-listening to Voyager (wanted to be fresh for STARZ episodes in the fall) and An Echo in the Bone, which I think is two of her best novels in the series not withstanding Outlander of course is the best of the lot.

Gosh, why don't I just say Dragonfly in Amber is my least favorite novel and I skip while re-listening... (the platitudes of French court life, make me crazy... not my favorite period of history though reverting back to Scotland for the Jacobite rebellion makes it worth reading once).

Ended up buying more Karen White novels this week on Audible, my library really isn't keeping up with her releases on audio.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.