Read with Tessa discussion

Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
This topic is about Flame in the Mist
Past Reads > Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (last edited Jun 01, 2017 01:54AM) (new)

Tessa (tessamoui) | 60 comments Mod
After having a small break in May, we're back with an exciting June BOTM... Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh!
I've seen this book on many "Anticipated Releases" lists and I've been hearing some mixed reviews lately - so I thought it would be an amazing pick to read and discuss with everyone. I hope you enjoy!

I will be updating my progress on the book and posting photos of this month's reads on this account and my Instagram account (@mouireads) throughout the month ♡

For those who've read it, what did you think of the book? Favourite/least favourite part? Favourite/least favourite characters?

MsArdychan I loved this book. I was really fascinated by the historical details in this book. I used to live in Japan, so I loved all the little details. I was, however, surprised by the magical elements of the book, and I didn't think they were necessary. I thought the story line was full of suspense and I liked the relationships between Mariko and her brother, and Mariko and one of the Black Clan.

One thing I did not care for was how abrupt the ending was. This book is clearly intended for at least two sequels, but I wish the author had wrapped up at least some of the plot points.

adalyn  (adalynolth) | 4 comments I quite enjoyed Flame in the Mist, but at the same time I did not always like it. I found it to be slow and boring at times to the point of where I wanted to put the book down because that's how bored I was. However, I loved Mariko and I thought the story and plot was really interesting and full of potential! Ahdieh just drags her stories out a bit too much in my opinion. I felt the same way with The Rose and the Dagger. I also was not a huge fan of the romance, but hopefully it will get better in the next book.