Monthly Challenges discussion

June 2017 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Jul 02, 2017 12:51AM) (new)

Diana S | 2012 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: The Lake House by Kate Morton Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swensen, #20) by Joanne Fluke The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah The Boys in the Boat Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown A Christmas Carol, The Chimes and The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swensen, #20) by Joanne Fluke

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......

★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 691 comments Here are my five:

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky Knots and Crosses (Inspector Rebus, #1) by Ian Rankin Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos We Are Called to Rise by Laura McBride

message 3: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 808 comments For Tess I pick
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin loved it
Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos on my TBR

My Five
Love Anthony by Lisa Genova Catherwood by Marly Youmans A Deadly Yarn (A Knitting Mystery, #3) by Maggie Sefton Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Rebel Charm (The Carolina Magnolia Series, Book 3) by Patricia Rice

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 426 comments For Linda I pick
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs (loved this book) and A Deadly Yarn (A Knitting Mystery, #3) by Maggie Sefton

My five are
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume The Last Word (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #3) by Ellery Adams Murder with a Twist (Mack's Bar Mystery, #2) by Allyson K. Abbott

message 5: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 463 comments For Amber I pick:
The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker and In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume

My five are:
A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn Dorothy Must Die Stories (Dorothy Must Die, #0.1-0.3) by Danielle Paige Hystopia by David Means Salt A World History by Mark Kurlansky Downpour (Greywalker, #6) by Kat Richardson

message 6: by Amberly (new)

Amberly (introverted22) | 148 comments For Bethany I pick:
Salt A World History by Mark Kurlansky and Downpour (Greywalker, #6) by Kat Richardson

My five are:
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher Bossypants by Tina Fey The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead

message 7: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 436 comments For Amberly I pick:
The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher and The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead

My five are:
Shirley Jackson A Rather Haunted Life by Ruth Franklin When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro Midnight in Broad Daylight A Japanese American Family Caught Between Two Worlds by Pamela Rotner Sakamoto

message 8: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) For Marilyn I pick:

When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris and

The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith

Here are my five
Under the Dog Star (Rachel Goddard Mystery #4) by Sandra Parshall _ Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts _ The Children of Green Knowe (Green Knowe, #1) by L.M. Boston _ The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain, #1) by Lloyd Alexander _ The Phoenix and the Carpet (Five Children, #2) by E. Nesbit

message 9: by Diana S (last edited Jun 06, 2017 12:11AM) (new)

For Wanda I pick:

Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts & Under the Dog Star (Rachel Goddard Mystery #4) by Sandra Parshall

Here are my Five
Necessary Lies (Necessary Lies, #1) by Diane Chamberlain Child 44 (Leo Demidov, #1) by Tom Rob Smith The Rise of the Iron Moon (Jackelian, #3) by Stephen Hunt The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 691 comments Diana ... do you want to wait for someone else, or shall I pick for you?

message 11: by Diana S (new)

Please pick for me!

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 691 comments Okay ... I pick for Diana S

The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg and The Rise of the Iron Moon (Jackelian, #3) by Stephen Hunt

message 13: by Diana S (new)

Thanks Tessa!

message 14: by Mickslibrarian (new)

Mickslibrarian | 336 comments Can someone please pick?

The Emperor's Assassin (Memoirs of a Bow Street Runner #2) by T.F. Banks In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang The Christie Curse (Book Collector Mystery #1) by Victoria Abbott Believe Me A Memoir of Love, Death, and Jazz Chickens by Eddie Izzard

message 15: by Diana S (new)

I pick for Mickslibrarian:
The Christie Curse (Book Collector Mystery #1) by Victoria Abbott & In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks

message 16: by Mickslibrarian (new)

Mickslibrarian | 336 comments Thanks!