THE Group for Authors! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General Discussion > Delete author profile

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iris (new)

Iris Windmeijer (iriswindmeijer) | 2 comments Hello! Is it possible to delete my author profile and go back to my 'normal' profile? I just translated one book and added that to my Goodreads so I think having an author profile is not entirely necessary, because I'm mostly active here as a reader.
Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam Mann | 15 comments How on earth can I post a review for a book I have just read? It's easy with Amazon, but I can't even find the link to post to Goodreads.
Please advise.
Mike Lord.

message 3: by Paul (last edited Jun 01, 2017 06:37PM) (new)

Paul Adams | 60 comments @ Adam: Admittedly the user-interface is not as intuitive as it once was.

First you have to have the book added to one of your shelves. It will be there if you've marked it "to read," or "read." Then some options open up:

One way is to look at the book's page. Under the description of the book, there's a category "My Activity," and on the right side of that is "edit." Clicking on "edit" will bring up a page where you can write or edit a review. If, instead, you click the "My Activity" header, then you'll see a summary of your activity (updates, rating, etc.,) and from there you can click "edit" to post your review.

Now, I think it shortcuts you through this process if you just mark a book "read." But if you mark it "read" and don't bother to review it at that moment, then when you do want to review it, you have to follow the links as outlined above.

Hmmm, yeah, now that I have to describe it, it's convoluted and not intuitive at all.

message 4: by Jean (new)

Jean Baxter | 24 comments Paul wrote: "@ Adam: Admittedly the user-interface is not as intuitive as it once was.

First you have to have the book added to one of your shelves. It will be there if you've marked it "to read," or "read." T..."

Great post!

message 5: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Hi Iris!

Because changing your account might require some personal information, you'll need to use the Contact Us link on the Help page. One of our Goodreads Experts can help you get everything sorted out.

message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam Mann | 15 comments Adam wrote: "How on earth can I post a review for a book I have just read? It's easy with Amazon, but I can't even find the link to post to Goodreads.
Please advise.
Mike Lord."

Thanks a lot.

message 7: by Iris (new)

Iris Windmeijer (iriswindmeijer) | 2 comments rivka wrote: "Hi Iris!

Because changing your account might require some personal information, you'll need to use the Contact Us link on the Help page. One of our Goodreads Experts can help you get everything so..."

Thank you very much, I will try to do so

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.