Stephen King Fans discussion

The Fog
This topic is about The Fog

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2535 comments Mod
Discuss the Fog here. Please mark all spoilers for those reading along.

message 2: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom | 78 comments This is one of my favorites from back when I was a kid. Shocking... definitely not for kids!

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments I have not read this yet? I think I was getting it confused with another book. I think i'll jump in and give it a try. I've seen both movies if it's based off this book and I liked them both. I gotta finish the one I'm on now but that should be by the end of the week.

Feli (felifirefly) As far as I know, the movies are not based on this book.
I am about to start it in a few days as well, just finishing 'American Gods' before.
I have not read any book by James Herbert, so I am looking forward to it.. hope it's worth it.

message 5: by Latasha (last edited Jun 06, 2017 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments oh! I have read 3.(didn't remember til i looked) the secret of crickly hall, which was the highest rated. the dark and the magic cottage. I'm glad the movie isn't based off the book, i won't know what to expect.

message 6: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3915 comments Angie wrote: "Discuss the Fog here. Please mark all spoilers for those reading along."

Who is the author? There are a lot of books with this title.

message 7: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3915 comments Feli wrote: "As far as I know, the movies are not based on this book.
I am about to start it in a few days as well, just finishing 'American Gods' before.
I have not read any book by James Herbert, so I am look..."

NM I see it here!

message 8: by Jen from Quebec :0) (last edited Jun 06, 2017 09:09PM) (new)

Jen from Quebec :0) (muppetbaby99) | 52 comments So... The Fog THIS one, I guess? --Jen from Quebec :0)

The Fog by James Herbert

mrbooks | 1469 comments Yes James Herbert, it has been years since I read this book. It's a bit mystifying.

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments I should be starting it Friday.

mrbooks | 1469 comments I thought it was alright at the time but didn't find it scary Books like the exorcist and Salem's lot and Insomnia were a bit on the edgy side for me, but I have never had a book really scare me.

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments The last book I read where I said "ok, I don't need to be reading this alone at night" was Adam Neville's Last Days and The Ritual as well (first half anyways).

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments wow....this book is crazy! I listened up to chapter 5. I didn't expect things to go to hell so quickly. once I began listening, I could've sworn I'd already read this one. I think it's reminding me A LOT of The Dark, also by Herbert. I think that's the one I'm thinking of.

message 14: by Feli (new) - rated it 3 stars

Feli (felifirefly) Latasha wrote: "I didn't expect things to go to hell so quickly."

Jup, same here. I didn't expected this and he is definitely not losing time.
I just started chapter 13. So far, I like it.

mrbooks | 1469 comments That is one thing you can say about James Herbert, he writes a fast paced book.

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments I'm finished. I can't say this is one of my favorites but it's ok. I'm going with 3 stars. I never really grew attached to the characters enough to care about what happened to them. but it was a fast paced read so that helped. the story was ok. it didn't scare me lol.

message 17: by Feli (new) - rated it 3 stars

Feli (felifirefly) I still have 100 pages to read.
You are right, it isn't really scary, but back when it was written it might have been.
I actually thought some scenes were quite funny, I liked the one with the sheep.
Right now it is a lot of military stuff and a lot of fighting á la "bang, boom, bang".. this part is a bit too much for me, but I want to know how it's going to end.
I like the book, it's not great, but as you said, it's okay and really fast paced, which is positive.

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments Great minds think a like Feli

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments will there be a july group read?

message 20: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3915 comments Latasha wrote: "will there be a july group read?"

Yes. If you go to "Group Polls" in the upper right corner of the group's home page you can vote. I think we are going to end up reading Gwendy's Button Box.

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments Kandice wrote: "Latasha wrote: "will there be a july group read?"

Yes. If you go to "Group Polls" in the upper right corner of the group's home page you can vote. I think we are going to end up reading [book:Gwen..."

ok, thank you.

Latasha (latasha513) | 365 comments I didn't get to vote, it's already closed but i'll probably join in. I haven't read this book yet.