Book Loving Kiwis discussion

Painted
This topic is about Painted
Archives > Official Launch Team

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (last edited Jun 02, 2017 11:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments Hi everyone,

My new book, my first horror novel, Painted will be launched on the 30th June, and I'm looking for people to join my official online launch team via Facebook.

Nothing too onerous, some RT's, Facebook shares, adding it to your Goodreads TBR list etc, and for those who want to, I will have some arc copies available.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PAINT...

I'd love to have you join me.

Thank you xxx

message 2: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1479 comments Happy to be part of this launch, Kirsten. I've marked it to-read.

Clicked on your facebook link, but it keeps taking me to my own Goodreads home page. Maybe I need to be logged into Facebook - I'll try again when I'm at home and can find the password I changed 2 weeks ago.

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments Kathleen wrote: "Happy to be part of this launch, Kirsten. I've marked it to-read.

Clicked on your facebook link, but it keeps taking me to my own Goodreads home page. Maybe I need to be logged into Facebook - I'l..."

Thanks Kathleen!

Lesley | 1575 comments Kirsten wrote: "Hi everyone,

My new book, my first horror novel, Painted will be launched on the 30th June, and I'm looking for people to join my official online launch team via Facebook.

Nothin..."

Clicking on the link from here just returns you to the GR homepage. I could only get to the Facebook page by copying the link and pasting into my browser.

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments Lesley~aka Ella's Gran wrote: "Kirsten wrote: "Hi everyone,

My new book, my first horror novel, Painted will be launched on the 30th June, and I'm looking for people to join my official online launch team via Fa..."

Hmm, my HTML usage is hopeless!!!

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments Okay, I think I've figured it out!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PAINT...

Lesley | 1575 comments Yep, that works now! :) My HTML is not so flash otherwise I might have worked it out.

message 8: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments Golly you're with it, Kirsten. it's good PR you're doing! I don't use facebook -ethical reasons - but will support your launch any way I can.

Are you with Cat and Caro at https://writersplotreadersread.wordpr...?

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments P.D.R. wrote: "Golly you're with it, Kirsten. it's good PR you're doing! I don't use facebook -ethical reasons - but will support your launch any way I can.

Are you with Cat and Caro at https://writersplotreader..."

I have my first book there, and the kindle version of my second book is with them. I will of course be firing down some copies of Painted once I have the print versions here. xxx

message 10: by P.D.R. (last edited Jun 17, 2017 02:34AM) (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments They are lovely people. I must get my ebooks with them. This PR lark moves so swiftly into new ways to learn that I am always behind and rushing to catch up.

Have you looked at Bablecube for translations yet?

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments P.D.R. wrote: "They are lovely people. I must get my ebooks with them. This PR lark moves so swiftly into new ways to learn that I am always behind and rushing to catch up.

Have you looked at Bablecube for trans..."

I've never heard of them! Will look into it. Thanks xxx

message 12: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments I'm learning a lot via Bublish and the IAA Indies Fringe talks at the book fairs. There's a woman at Bublish whose talk I have listened to five times and am still learning! She's brilliant.

The Bublish lot have some fantastic info re meta data and placing one's books.

Oh and have you found this lot for historical novel reviews?
http://www.bookbloggersaustralia.com....?

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments Kirsten wrote: "P.D.R. wrote: "They are lovely people. I must get my ebooks with them. This PR lark moves so swiftly into new ways to learn that I am always behind and rushing to catch up.

Have you looked at Babl..."

How do you know if the translation is sound though? Is there a secondary vetting Bablecube does?

message 14: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments Not sure. Just dipping my toes in and asking around. I think it is very much check qualifications and other authors.

message 15: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph | 8 comments HI Kirsten,

I've just joined your FB group and Painted has been on my TBR for a while now! (Love the cover btw).

Is tomorrow the launch date? Exciting!

STEPH (aka @stephmatukuwav on Twitter)

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments Steph wrote: "HI Kirsten,

I've just joined your FB group and Painted has been on my TBR for a while now! (Love the cover btw).

Is tomorrow the launch date? Exciting!

STEPH (aka @stephmatukuwav on Twitter)"

Yay! Yes, tomorrow is the launch date for PAINTED: A Horror Novel. Very exciting times!!! (and nervous ones).

message 17: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments How did it go? Had my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 271 comments P.D.R. wrote: "How did it go? Had my fingers and toes crossed for you."

It seems to be going well. I've registered for BabelCube too, waiting for any of their translators to agree to translate it. You can only ask one translator, once a day. So its taken me three days to be able to ask three translators!
My books are on the water, so I will feel better once I have a physical copy in my hands to play with.
Trying Amazon ads for the first time, which is interesting.

message 19: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments Let me know how Bablecube goes. I need someone who understands Yorkshire and it's proving hard.