Bookwarts Club of Pages and Literacy discussion

The Outsiders
This topic is about The Outsiders
2017 Archives > June 2017 Mileage Goal + Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sam | The Dust Bunny Reader (thedustbunnyreader) | 1086 comments Mod
This is out Going on a Journey discussion board for June 2017's pick -- "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton.

Please use this thread for general, spoiler-free discussions! If you wish to scream, rage, share amazement or talk about the plot in more detail, please be sure to use the spoiler tag. I.e. (view spoiler)

This book follows the adventures of two Greasers from Oklahoma. On the run from the law, they venture from Tulsa to an abandoned church in the fictional town of Windrixville, which is said to be about 21 miles away from their homes.

Challenge: Join Ponyboy and Johnny as they strive to escape the memories of one particularly horrible night, a lifetime of oppression and difficulties, and their socioeconomic status.

First Person to reach the church = 20 points
2nd & 3rd People to reach the church = 15 points
4th+ Person to reach the church = 10 points

Elizabeth Norris I just finished reading The Outsiders. I'm pretty sure I read it in middle school but I couldn't remember anything that happened, so it was worth the reread. I thought it was a great book. You can definitely tell it was written by a 16 year old, but at the same time that's what made it so great. It was true to the feelings and thoughts a 14 year old might have and I appreciated that.

^_^ WOW! You have been absolutely KILLING it with reading this month!

I used to love SE Hinton's books, but I have not read them in a long time...I am glad that her young age and experiences contributed to the story, rather than detract from it. Have you seen this movie? It has a great little cast of people that became big names in Hollywood. I thought Sodapop (aka super young Rob Lowe!) was so cute back in the day. Haha!

Congrats to @Zech for being the first person to reach the church!

Elizabeth Norris Haha! No, I haven't seen it, but I'll have to add it to my list. I just looked it up and there are lots of big names in it.