Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > LIH June 2017 Birthdays

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hi, everyone. As most of you know Paula-O went home to God last month. She has hosted the birthday parties. I will start this month but when school starts I can not always do extra things. I am hoping a couple of us can share the hosting duties.
Anybody with a June birthday let us know.

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Meanwhile, I will clean up the kitchen and table so we can get started.

message 3: by Jolene (new)

Jolene | 30 comments Love the center piece. Wildflowers are my favorite. :) Thank you Melinda

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Mary Ann is on the 11th

message 5: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (cnnamongirlaolcom) | 64 comments I miss Paula, she was a wonderful lady.

Mine is June 6th.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 236 comments Thank you for getting this month started Melinda! Can't wait to celebrate with you ladies!

message 7: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Thanks for stepping in this month to help our birthday ladies celebrate, Melinda. How kind of you.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Thank you, Melinda, for getting the June celebration going!

message 9: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Thanks for the dates and names. Did not want the June birthdays to get away from us.

message 10: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Melinda wrote: "Thanks for the dates and names. Did not want the June birthdays to get away from us."

Melinda, I went back, looked at our June parties from last year and found the following celebrations that took place. Hope this list helps.

June 6 - Deeanne
June 11 - Mary Ann and Angela
June 14 - Brenda Minton
June 22 - Angie
June 23 - Linda Ford
June 27 - Cathy Hake
June 29 - Joan

Looking back at Paula's comments from last June made me miss her even more. She had such a generous heart.

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 236 comments Good idea Keli! That list should definitely help!

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Thanks , Keli. The list will help . This makes me see what Paula did for us every month.

message 13: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments I hope the June birthdays will feel special as we start celebrating soon! My daughter's is Sunday! We happen to be together right now so we are celebrating early. Usually we are in different states!

message 14: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Valri wrote: "I hope the June birthdays will feel special as we start celebrating soon! My daughter's is Sunday! We happen to be together right now so we are celebrating early."

I'm glad you get to spend your daughter's birthday with her. I'm sure you'll have fun helping her celebrate.

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Thank you, Melinda.
Valri, I'm glad you get to be with your daughter on her birthday. I am in a different state than my daughter too so I know how special it is to be together on those special days.

message 16: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Valri,
Glad that you are gettingg to spend time with your daughter near her special day.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Thank you for stepping up Melinda. I am going to miss Paula so much! I really need to get on the boards more. So since I see that tomorrow is Deeanne's birthday I brought some balloons and streamers so we can start decorating!

message 18: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Thanks for getting the balloons and streamers. Since Jolene brought the centerpiece of wildflowers, the streamers and balloons are going to be every color because the wildflowers are all different. Since I will be gone most of tomorrow running errands, I have made the ice tea and lemonade and put them in the refrigerator. The coffee will be ready as I have it on a timer.

message 19: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy birthday, Deeanne! I hope you have fun celebrating.

I'm adding a big bowl of M&Ms to the table in an array of colors to match those pretty wildflowers, streamers and balloons.

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Deeanne! I've pulled the iced tea and lemonade out of the refrigerator (thank you, Melinda) and have added a fruit tart with blueberries, strawberries and kiwi to go with our colorful decorations.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Happy Birthday Deeanne! The table looks great everyone! I think I'll grab a fruit tart and some tea and check back with everyone later.

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Deeanne! I hope you have a wonderful day!
I'm adding some chocolate dipped pretzel sticks to the table. I've rolled them in multi-colored sprinkles to match all the decorations.

message 23: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Birthday Deeanne! The food looks wonderful so before I dash out again, I am going to try some. The table looks so colorful and chocolate is wonderful .

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Ok I am back and I have a both a chocolate and vanilla sheet cake. Also I saw on Facebook that it's Terri Reed's B-Day. She is a LIS author. So I have added banners for both Deeanne & Terri! Hope you ladies are having a wonderful birthday!

message 25: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy birthday Deanne, and to Terri.

message 26: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (cnnamongirlaolcom) | 64 comments Thank you everyone, the decorations are so beautiful and fun and the desserts are stunning, almost too pretty to eat but I sure helped myself, maybe a little too much. May I please have a glass of the ice tea to wash it down? I am having a wonderful birthday and you all have made it even better! Happy Birthday to you as well, Terri :)

message 27: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Deanne wrote: "Thank you everyone, the decorations are so beautiful and fun and the desserts are stunning, almost too pretty to eat but I sure helped myself, maybe a little too much. May I please have a glass of ..."

Deanne, I'm glad you are having a good birthday.
I saw several Happy Birthday messages for you on Carrie Fancett Pagels Pals Facebook page too.

message 28: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Deanne! Hope your day has been extra special!

message 29: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments We were gone most of yesterday, but I hope you had a Happy Birthday, Deanne!

message 30: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Belated Happy Birthday to Terri Reed!
The decorations are wonderful. I will straighten up as we continue to celebrate and get ready for the next birthday on
June 11.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments So this Sunday is Mary Ann's & Angela's Birthdays! I am hanging the banners and blowing up balloons. I figure we can celebrate all weekend!

message 32: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy Birthday early, Mary Ann & Angela! I'm going to bring an edible arrangements basket!

message 33: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance wrote: "So this Sunday is Mary Ann's & Angela's Birthdays! I am hanging the banners and blowing up balloons. I figure we can celebrate all weekend!"

That sounds like a great plan, Laura!

message 34: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments What fun to have a doubly delightful birthday celebration to look forward to this weekend. It warms my heart to see Paula's legacy of hosting great parties carried on by the wonderful women of this group. You ladies are the best!

message 35: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Laura,
The decorations and banners are nice and make the room so decorative.
Becky,
Sounds wonderful plus I bet very pleasing to the eye.
Everyone,
I thought that I would put the deli platters in the refrigerator. Maybe we should also use the icebox in keeping with the theme of our books which is history. I have added 2 photos of an icebox to our photos.

message 36: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Belated Birthday Deanne!!!
Happy Belated Birthday Terri Reed!!!
I hope you both had a wonderful blessed day!!

Happy Birthday Mary Ann!! And Happy Birthday Angela!! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your day this weekend!! I brought some assorted fruit, strawberries, blueberries and kiwi for the table. I've made some more lemonade and iced tea to go with all the goodies.

message 37: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Melinda wrote: "I thought that I would put the deli platters in the refrigerator. Maybe we should also use the icebox in keeping with the theme of our books which is history. I have added 2 photos of an icebox to our photos."

Melinda, I didn't realize we have a photos section. I found the great refrigerator pictures you posted there. How cool! (Yup. I love puns.)

message 38: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Where is this photos section and how do I get there?

message 39: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Mary E,
The fruit is sweet and has a wonderful taste.

Keli,
I have not gotten how to post pictures in discussions but I figured out the photo section. one small, tiny step at a time.
I thought it was interesting the difference in icebox and refrigerator when I looked them up. We have to keep learning so the mind stays active.

message 40: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Andrea wrote: "Where is this photos section and how do I get there?"

Andrea, if you scroll to the top of this page, you'll see a collection of links on the right. One of them says "Photos." Click on it, go to the third page and you'll see the pics Melinda posted of the ice boxes.

message 41: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday Mary Ann and Angela! I'm bringing an assortment of cupcakes for the table. There are lots of different decorations so you can be creative.

message 42: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Keli wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Where is this photos section and how do I get there?"

Andrea, if you scroll to the top of this page, you'll see a collection of links on the right. One of them says "Photos." Click ..."

Thank you, Keli! I've always just scrolled through the discussion. Now, I know to look on the right of the page too, (ignoring the ads of course).

message 43: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy birthday, Mary Ann and Angela! I'm adding a great big bowl of potato salad to the ice box to go with the deli platters Melinda has put there in anticipation of the big party.

message 44: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy birthday Mary Ann and Angela bringing some donuts to the table to share.

message 45: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday to Mary Ann!
Happy Birthday to Angela!
I'm bringing some lovely, jiggly, jello parfaits to the party.

message 46: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Birthday to Mary Ann!
Happy Birthday to Angela!
Ausjenny,
The donuts are wonderful.
The coffee is done including the decaf. The cold drinks are on the table plus enough to refill are in the ice box.
I am going to have a donut with some hot Earl Grey decaf. tea and one of the jello parfaits. They are cute , Andrea.

I will be back for lunch later on.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Happy Birthday Mary Ann & Angela! I've refreshed all the goodies everyone brought. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

message 48: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Mary Ann!
Happy Birthday, Angela!

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I am cleaning up the room so we are ready later this week for Brenda Minton's B-Day. But we also have the reverse Q&As going on this week so we have plenty to do while we wait for June 14th.

message 50: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments The food was great yesterday. Thanks for cleaning up Laura.

« previous 1 3