Perustopia Book Club discussion

Anyone have any Summer Themed Books?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 72 comments Hey everyone! I don't really like reading anything besides fantasy, but I wanted to see if anyone has ready any summer themed books that they really enjoyed

message 2: by Hita (new)

Hita | 169 comments Most summer books that I have read are contemporary.
- any Morgan Matson books
- Anna and the French Kiss trilogy.....

You can try Percy Jackson, all of the books take place in summer, and it's not a contemporary. I really loved all the Percy Jackson books so I would recommend them.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

If your into adult romance novel then you should try "The Guest Cottage" by Nancy Thayer. This book takes place during the summer as the cover suggest and it's a quick read.

If you haven't read The Summer I Turn Pretty Trilogy then that's another book you can read. It's a YA Contemporary.

YA Summer Read: Love and Gelato. That is the book I'll be reading for this summer since I didn't get to it last year.

Abbi Glines: Breathe (SeaBrezze Book 1)it is a series and I think all the stories takes place over the summer.

Jessica Khoury: "Kalahari"

Kody Keplinger: "A Midsuimmer's Nightmare". Don't worry it's not a summer horror book. It's a contemporary YA Book.

Lauren Henderson: Flirting an Italian trilogy.

Angie Stanton: Royally Lost. Contemporary YA set during the summer while on vacation.

Abbi Glines: Fallen to Far series

Jenn Marie Thorn: The wrong side of right

Trish Doller: The Devil you know

Katie McGarry: No-Where But Here

K.C. Held: Holding Court

Kim Culbertson: Catch a Falling Star

Regina Cole: Sex Becomes Her (Romance)

Tracey Garvis Graves: Covet (Adult book)

Kate Brauning: How We Fall

Zoe Sugg: Girl Online trilogy

Ashley Poston: Geekerella

E. Lockhart: We were Liars

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope my extensive list will help you with what you are looking for.

message 5: by Naoé (new)

Naoé | 265 comments The Waterfire Saga is one of the series I liked to read during summer (it's about mermaid and the sea is really summery in my mind)
And if you want to read contemporary Colleen Hoover is always a go to in my opinion

message 6: by Angélica (new)

Angélica | 32 comments Any book of Sarah Dessen. They are all set on different stages of summer and they are awesome.
I specially recommend "This Lullaby".
Hope it is useful!

message 7: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Wonder by RJ Palacio is a great summer read in my opinion

message 8: by Tacey Raye (new)

Tacey Raye We were liars. Percy Jackson. The isle of the lost. To all the boys I've loved before. An abundance of Katherine's.