Canterbary Tales discussion

The Spire > Prologue - Chapter 3

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Nicholson | 62 comments Mod
Prologue
1. So the only thing to really discuss is - what was your reaction to Nick not only being her man but her HUSBAND?

message 2: by Jaime (new)

Chapter 1
1. First impressions of Erin and how she thinks? Was it different than your impression from earlier books?

message 3: by Jaime (new)

Chapter 2
1. Lust or love at first sight? What are your thoughts on Nick's first impression of Erin?

message 4: by Jaime (last edited May 31, 2017 06:42PM) (new)

Chapter 2
2. How did you feel about Erin's ramblings? Why does she do it?

message 5: by Jaime (new)

Chapter 2
3. They talk a lot that night. Why is it so easy for them to share and talk to each other when they just met?

message 6: by Jaime (new)

Chapter 3
1. Did an insta-love and marriage surprise you coming from Kate?

message 7: by Jaime (new)

Chapter 3
2. Did you care the marriage wasn't legal?

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Rodriguez (michelleafterdark) | 13 comments Jaime wrote: "Prologue
1. So the only thing to really discuss is - what was your reaction to Nick not only being her man but her HUSBAND?"

I had the "holy shit did I read the correctly" reaction. Even with the breadcrumbs from the previous books.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Rodriguez (michelleafterdark) | 13 comments I really didn't know what to think of Erin since she was rarely around in the other books. But I really wanted to know what happened between her and Shannon.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Rodriguez (michelleafterdark) | 13 comments Jaime wrote: "Chapter 2
1. Lust or love at first sight? What are your thoughts on Nick's first impression of Erin?"

Maya little of both. I knew Nick would be charmed and he most certainly was with Erin.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Rodriguez (michelleafterdark) | 13 comments Jaime wrote: "Chapter 3
1. Did an insta-love and marriage surprise you coming from Kate?"

Maybe but I know there's a method to her writing skill set and I knew she would not steer her readers wrong.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

2. How did you fell about Erin's ramblings? Why does she do it?"

Her ramblings were insightful and I think was part of her charm.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

3. They talk a lot that night. Why is it so easy for them to share and talk to each other when they just met?"

I think for the first time in a long time, Erin felt someone got her and not judge. Nick was a great listener, he was genuinely hearing and listening to Erin.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Rodriguez (michelleafterdark) | 13 comments Jaime wrote: "Chapter 3
2. Did you care the marriage wasn't legal?"

I didn't care but didn't know it wasn't real until the end lol. The was pure genius. What I love about it even more, even though it wasn't legal, they stayed together and made it work, up until what happened in Mexico.

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 9 comments Prologue - I was not shocked that Erin's special someone was Nick, I was however shocked they got married the first night they met and without anyone knowing! Didn't see that twist coming!

Chapter 1. First impression of Erin and how she thinks? Was it different than your impression from earlier books!

Erin impressed me more and more as we learned about her. She survived such a messed up childhood and dealt with it the best way she could. Her running and keeping her contact to a minimum was her way of healing and dealing with her past.

Chapter 1. Lust or love at first sight? What are your thoughts on Nicks first impression of Erin.

I truly think it was love at first sight, they just didn't know it yet. Since Matt had told each of them about the other, they already had this connection to each other, they just didn't know it. I loved how smitten Nick was immediately with Erin. This quote says it all 'and second, her eyes made me forget everything I'd ever know.' He knew in that moment he would be breaking the ex-girlfriend / sister guy code.

Chapter 2- Erin's ramblings -

Her ramblings were perfect and just part of who she is. I think Nick loved all her little ramblings as well. It gave a good peek into her mind and how she thinks/deals with things.

Chapter 3. They talk a lot that night. Why is it so easy for them to talk to each other with they just met?

I think it was just that instant connection between them. With each of them already knowing details about the other from what Matt had shared with each of them. Plus I think they were just both drawn to each other and felt comfortable with each other.

Chapter 1. Did an insta-love and marriage surprise you coming from Kate?

Nope, I was shocked when I read the prologue, but once I read the rest of he story it all fell into place and was perfect for their story.

Chapter 2. Did you care the marriage wasn't legal?

Nope not at all. The marriage not being legal played into how amazing it was they treated it like it was, and fought for each other/ the marriage. I also loved that they wanted to find Bartlett to make it legal.