Classic Trash discussion

The Man in the High Castle
This topic is about The Man in the High Castle
The Man in the High Castle > The Man in the High Castle: Finished (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adelaide Blair | 995 comments Mod
This topic is for those who have finished the book. Spoil away!

Ok, so I finished in the wee hours of the morning last night when I couldn't sleep because my dinner out made me nauseous. I really enjoyed this book. Sarah mentioned in the other thread there was a lot of exposition, but it didn't really bother me. I found the alternate histories interesting enough to make up for that. Also, I found it very interesting the I Ching wrote the book.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 886 comments Adelaide wrote: "Ok, so I finished in the wee hours of the morning last night when I couldn't sleep because my dinner out made me nauseous. I really enjoyed this book."

I hope you're feeling better today, Adelaide. Are you interested in history? I wonder if you kind of have to be interested in history to appreciate this book. I never could get into alternate history stories because I was never that interested in history, and thus couldn't appreciate the changes in the alternate storyline.

Ah, that might be it. I know a lot about WWII and so a lot of the names were familiar to me. It made it very interesting to see how things might have changed, especially for the Germans.