King's Dark Tidings discussion

The general's suspicions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dodger (new)

Dodger | 37 comments Spoilers books 1 and 2

The general has 2 theories about who Rez really is and decides to try and find out by asking someone who scares him quite a lot.

It has been discussed in other threads that this person is perhaps the previous shadow knight and Rez was going to be the next shadow knight until rules 1 and 2 were messed up.

It seems that the generals first suspicion is that Rez is this souless ruthless killer the shadow knight but what is the second suspicion the general fears Rez could be? Does he fear that Rez could be a son of Bordren and a potential cause for civil war? Is he right in both counts and just doesn't know it?

message 2: by Slick (new)

Slick | 28 comments It's left pretty loosely and open to interpretation haha it's driving me mad. I was originally thinking Rez is like a reincarnated assassin generation after Generation but i've given up guessing but the books nearly done soooo not long now. Im waiting for Rez to win everybody over then for the general to drop a bombshell.

This books gonna be epic. I hope there's not too much of a gap between the book release and the Audio release haha i'll be staying clear of this group until i've done the Audio

message 3: by Christian (new)

Christian Maulsby (maulsby) | 18 comments Mod
I'd love to have a hardcover copy on my bookshelf. Eagerly awaiting the book tour for a signature. 😊

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick Dickenson | 60 comments Dodger wrote: "Spoilers books 1 and 2

The general has 2 theories about who Rez really is and decides to try and find out by asking someone who scares him quite a lot.

It has been discussed in other threads..."

It has been a few weeks since I last listened to book 1, but I believe that the second idea came to the General when he learned of Rez's age. It was during dinner and Rez included his theory about how the Ji'Harten (sp?) empire was the great enemy that led to the rise of the Corolleus dynasty. Anyway, if I recall correctly the General was surprised about his age and mused about an idea of Rez and who he really was.

To that end, I think the General was aware that there was a missing child of Bordran's lineage (or his brother). But that is just my interpretation.

message 5: by April (new)

April | 191 comments Mod
The General obviously knows SOMETHING. But it's not definitive. He doesn't entirely trust Rez, yet he knows Frisha and the others will be relatively safe travelling with him. He's definitely got very mixed feelings!

I thought that some of his negative feelings were more that he didn't want someone as vulnerable as Frisha--his heir--mixed up with someone like Rez, who, good or bad, will definitely be mixed up with a lot of intrigue/politics/danger.

What else in contributing to Marcum's views of Rezkin... I don't know!