The Maze Runner discussion

The Cause and Cure for the Flare

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia (new)

Mia Sue (imayhaveafangirlproblem) I have a theory. I don't know if it is a new one or if it is in book and I just missed it, but here it is. In the book it mentions that those who survive the maze and the scorch are those who have the most willpower and endurance. It also says that it varies from person to person how long it takes the person to go pass the gone. So what if the Immunes are just the people with the greatest willpower. All the Cranks throughout the book are ready to give up and beg for their life to be ended, but Newt perseveres and declines very slowly. This might be since he had Tommy and Minho there to encourage him and keep him going, but after he is taken away he declines much more rapidly. In the Kill Order it is said that the disease was made to eventually die off, but what if the people it was injected in had such little hope and determination left, that it took over their brain. That is why Mark was able to deliver Dee Dee. The kids who were found immune might have been that way since they were raised in chaos and were more adaptable than the adults. So the effect the Flare has on the person depends on their willpower. That is why the children were stuck in the maze and the scorch. By analyzing their brains in crisis they were able to watch the brain combat discouragement. That is what made Thomas and Teresa different. As soon as Thomas was in the maze he was showing a determination that the other Greenies didn't show. That is why he ran into the maze after Minho and Alby. There are so many more instances I could reference, but those are the basic examples. If this is true then WICKED was good. So what if a person can be taught to be immune? If this determination could be taught, there is a cure for the Flare. I'm sorry for any spelling and grammar issues, or if this was common knowledge to everyone else. Please tell me what you think about it.

message 2: by Mia (new)

Mia Sue (imayhaveafangirlproblem) Question, do we ever learn how many people were in the control group in the maze?

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark (markbooks10) | 9 comments Mia wrote: "Question, do we ever learn how many people were in the control group in the maze?"

I believe it's mentioned in the Fever Code, not positive though.

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige (gidaehada) | 8 comments Mark wrote: "Mia wrote: "Question, do we ever learn how many people were in the control group in the maze?"

I believe it's mentioned in the Fever Code, not positive though."

it is mentioned in the Fever Code, but you have to look closely because it is easy to miss it.