Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

On the Island (On the Island, #1)
This topic is about On the Island
2017- Buddy Reads > On The Island BR - Starts 6/19/17 - There WILL Be Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Just pop in and leave your name if you'd like to be in - most likely to be later in June.

message 2: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments You have 2 threads with this BR

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Well damnit...I'll just go kill one!!!

message 4: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Me, me, me!!

Y'all are going to laugh at me, but when I signed up for the Sea of Tranquility BR, I thought it was *this* book! lol You know, 'sea'/'island' (and the cover of On the Island has the water...)

When I said during that BR that I didn't remember the blurb, I meant it! I started reading and was like, huh? Where's the teacher and the young, sick guy? 😜🤦

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I swear I'm not laughing...okay, maybe a little. I get the two confused too, but I'm glad you are joining us. I think it's going to be. Legen. Dary.

Leslie | 2430 comments I honestly can't believe you guys havent read this!!!

Kate | 26 comments I'm in!

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I'm in too.... we're thinking in a couple weeks though, right? I've got an ARC to do before I can fully commit.

message 9: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I was just checking this because I couldn't remember when we're doing it, and I just saw your post, Grey--yes! mid month is great with me if it's good with Lisa and Kate!

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Perfect for mid month. I will put a date as it gets closer!

message 11: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Leslie--the reason I didn't read it was something that was mentioned at Maryse's--I've never been big on older woman/younger man books, and at the time, there were plenty of older man/younger woman books coming out, so I just never got around to it. Then it got buried in mount tbr. But I'm really looking forward to reading it now!

message 12: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate | 26 comments Mid month works for me!

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, I honestly think you will love this one.

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I'm going to pick Monday the 19th as the start date for this...just cuz

message 15: by Grey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
that day will probably work for me too. last week of work, things will be winding down.

message 16: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Sounds good!

message 17: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Nay, Grey, Kate - you all good to start this next Monday? Do you want to start sooner? Anyone else joining us?

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments Yay! I'm so excited for you guys to read this one!

message 19: by Fabi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fabi | 872 comments Me too. I'm going to be sneaking peeks at your conversation.

Summer Sharp (summersharp) | 5 comments Grabbed this one on sale for Kindle and read it over the weekend. I'll have to pop in on this group read. :)

Amber | 37 comments I'm in!! I've been wanting to read this one forever!

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments This is turning into a big BR with an audience! I can't wait! Amber, I think you may be my book twin!

message 23: by Fabi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fabi | 872 comments I wish I had time, I'd do a reread.

message 24: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Amber...I'm excited for you to join us. And Summer, definitely pop in. We are nothing if not entertaining and all shouty when doing Buddy Reads!!! I can't wait to start!!

message 25: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Robin! GET YOUR OWN BOOK TWIN, AMBER IS TAKEN!

message 26: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Monday is good for me. I'm editing, so I barely have time to do anything else right now. That'll give me time to finish the chapters I'm working on.

message 27: by Grey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Yes, I am good to start Monday. I am just starting Rush, but I know I will finish that this weekend and probably read another book too. So excited!

message 28: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate | 26 comments I'm good to start Monday! I'll be at work most of the day, but I'll pop in when I can!

message 29: by Grey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
We are starting today, right?

message 30: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Yes - let's get our Island party started, girls!! Wheeee!!!

message 31: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments And...I have power back at home FINALLY! I did get a lot of reading done because what the hell else is there to do? But, I was almost in a state of panic because my Kindle battery was getting dangerously low. Not that I couldn't have gone all ghetto and went to like a Starbucks to charge it.

message 32: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments I'm still depressed over that OTHER book Lisa! I started Meghan March's rockstar duet and loving it but I keep thinking of that other book *sniff sniff* FUCKING SHIT

message 33: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I completely missed the OTHER book BR, but I've put it on my TBR to read ASAP! That looks like the kind of book I LURVE!!!

I'm still editing, but I've started this one--I've made it to 6%! Hopefully, I can keep up!

Lisa--I don't think I got on GR or Maryse's the entire weekend--did you have storms or something? Our electricity almost went out yesterday when it was storming, and the first thing I did was check my Kindle battery! lol

message 34: by Grey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I had problems getting on goodreads from my cell all weekend, and I was out and about so I was having withdrawals lol!

message 35: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Renee wrote: "I completely missed the OTHER book BR, but I've put it on my TBR to read ASAP! That looks like the kind of book I LURVE!!!

I'm still editing, but I've started this one--I've made it to 6%! Hopeful..."

Riven is gonna be an awesome read for you, I think, Nay. I absolutely loved/hated it.

We had a thunderstorm on Friday. I didn't think it was all that bad. There was lightning and thunder and quite a bit of rain, and winds. Then the power went out around 7:45 pm. Come to find out there were two tornadoes that touched down about 10 miles away. I am so freaking oblivious apparently! There was so much damage around us - 76,000 customers without power. So they, of course, got to the ones where they could impact the most customers. In my neighborhood it was probably about 15 houses without power. My neighbors across the street had power, but we didn't. And, they said it probably wouldn't be until Wednesday evening that they would get it back. With 90 degree days, I'd had enough and got a hotel room yesterday...and, of course, they got power back late yesterday.

message 36: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Ela wrote: "I'm still depressed over that OTHER book Lisa! I started Meghan March's rockstar duet and loving it but I keep thinking of that other book *sniff sniff* FUCKING SHIT"

I had to pick up a light and fluffy myself, Ela. I was a bit overloaded!

message 37: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments 6% (view spoiler) Just kinda easy, breezy right now...well, if you don't mind (view spoiler)

message 38: by Nay (last edited Jun 19, 2017 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments 30% and it all reads very methodically--in a good way. This happened and then that happened with dialogue in between. I read books like this the fastest because everything is laid out with no purple prose or weird stuff you have to try to figure out. So...I'm really enjoying it!

message 39: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Lisa--that sucks! Summer is the worst time for power to be out for more than an hour or two. But at least you had your kindle! lol

Leslie | 2430 comments Lisa, you are too funny with your easy-breezy! 😘

message 41: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Renee wrote: "Lisa--that sucks! Summer is the worst time for power to be out for more than an hour or two. But at least you had your kindle! lol"

Even with it, Nay, I told my husband...I cannot look at your face for one more day. We HAVE to get out of here. Then we fought..and I ended up at the hotel and he said he wasn't coming. Then called two hours later to ask if he was still welcome there. I told him yes, but not if he's an asshole, cuz assholes don't get air conditioning. Ain't love grand???

message 42: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments 17% and TJ just said (view spoiler) and that made me all sad 'n stuff!!

I am enjoying it also - like Nay said, it's easy to read. Not a lot of flowery crap or things I have to intuit! Just straightforward!

Who else be reading this with Nay and I? Kate, Grey, Amber....

Amber | 37 comments Yes I'm starting today!! Kids and I went hiking this morning so I didn't get a chance to start but this afternoon I will!

message 44: by Grey (last edited Jun 19, 2017 01:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
starting right Now. she's 30... he's 16 and has cancer... and they crash land. oh hell. you know Im going into this one completely blind. I already have pretzel tummy!

message 45: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Well it's not like she's a cougar from Tampa (the book)...

message 46: by Grey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
9% damn.. (view spoiler)

message 47: by Grey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
(view spoiler)17%, quick easy to read... gotta take dinner break!

message 48: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate | 26 comments 22% ugh it hurts my heart! (view spoiler)

message 49: by Grey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
50%... (view spoiler) i think i may stop here for the night...otherwise i may do that stupid "sleep, who needs sleep?" thing... And i actually have to get a LOT done tomorrow lol!

message 50: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments 39% and things are about to get "complicated" with them. And I am stopping for the night

« previous 1

Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Uncharted (other topics)