Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)
This topic is about A Stone in the Sea
2017- Buddy Reads > A Stone in the Sea by A.L. Jackson BR--Starts 6/4 *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Since I can't remember shit, I thought I'd go ahead and set this up so that everyone who wants to join can chime in and y'all can decide when we're going to start this!

I'll add the date to the title when y'all pin it down.

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am in on this one for my June read - and I can start whenevah!! I'm so excited for June to be here and tackle some more from my list!!!

message 3: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments I just plain want to read it, so I'm in.

message 4: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments I'm in...

Leslie | 2430 comments In!!!

message 6: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments Stone people! When do you want to start? Next week? or right away?

message 7: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments In case you haven't seen it, I posted in the pick for me thread to chime in here about a start time.

And I checked where we were first talking about the Stone BR to see who all joined in, and the only person missing now is bev, but she was a maybe.

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments How about Friday? I'm off work that day (YAYAYAYAYAY) and my husband is on a boy's road trip, so that would work for me. I plan on sleep, drink, read, repeat all weekend long!

Leslie | 2430 comments If Ela & Nay want to read other book before starting this one, that is fine OR Friday also works. I am completely flexible with this one. I will let you guys make final decision and go with the flow.

message 10: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm super flexible. Anytime works for me

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Im flexible. Dont think im using it for theme but want to knock another one off.

message 12: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela! What do you want to do? I need to know what to start tomorrow morning after I FINALLY finish this book I've been reading for 2 years! lol

message 13: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments Hot Ticket baby! Let's get it on!

Leslie | 2430 comments So why dont we plan on doing this one after Ela & Nay finish Hot Ticket? Which I assume will only be few days.

Does that work for everyone?

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Works for me!!!

message 16: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm already on Hot Ticket! Thanks, girlies!

message 17: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments MWAH! SMOOCHES! AND EXTRA HUGGLES FOR BEV!

message 18: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments Okee.

message 19: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments STONERS HERE WE COME! THIS BETTER BE GOOD! Oh and I saw that this book is part of a duet so book 2 is the sequel... Just sayin"

message 20: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments So when do we start??

Leslie | 2430 comments I guess we can start now???

message 22: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments I'll join in as soon as I'm done with Juniper Smoke.

message 23: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela wrote: "STONERS HERE WE COME! THIS BETTER BE GOOD! Oh and I saw that this book is part of a duet so book 2 is the sequel... Just sayin""

If it's really good, I'll be very happy to go straight to the next one. And it's free with KU!

message 24: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Lisa! Do we need to wait until tomorrow or are you ready? And bev, how about you??

Since y'all waited for Ela and me, I just thought we should check to make sure everyone's ready.

Leslie | 2430 comments I will start this weekend but I am also reading two other books. So, I will check in frequently to see where everyone else at and I won't get far ahead.

WARNING: If you ever BR with Paula, she has superhuman speed reading powers. Seriously, she finished 3 books before I was halfway through one!

message 26: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Since Epilogue is short, I'm starting on that until we get a for sure start date pinned down.

Tessa--how far are you into Juniper Smoke??

Could we say start tomorrow to let everyone get their current books wrapped up? Or would Sunday be better??

Paula White | 796 comments I heard that! I am lurking! Interested to see what you all think of this one

message 28: by Nay (last edited Jun 02, 2017 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments ROFLMAO! I was waiting for that!!!!

*whispers* Ela's pretty darn fast too!

I *can* be fast if I put my mind to it, but I squirrel WAAAY too much. There are just too many shiny things within my reach!

message 29: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Paula--since you've read almost ALL of them, what's your favorite rock star book? rock star series as whole? MC book? MC series as a whole?

Leslie | 2430 comments Sorry Paula! (but I speak the truth)

Miss Ela is a bit of a speed reader as well.

Leslie | 2430 comments In all seriousness, no pressure. Slow, medium or fast readers....ALL are welcome. 😗

Makes no diff to me as long as everyone willing to chat with me about the story.

message 32: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments True dat, Leslie!

message 33: by Paula (last edited Jun 02, 2017 10:48AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Paula White | 796 comments Renee wrote: "Paula--since you've read almost ALL of them, what's your favorite rock star book? rock star series as whole? MC book? MC series as a whole?"

Hmm - difficult one! MC book - loved the Signal Bend series but will never forgive the author for what she did! Also the nine minutes trilogy - loved them.

Rock Star - liked the Karen Cimms ones as they were different. Rock and Roll trilogy by Barbara S Stewart - although I have the third one still to read. Anne Mercier - Rockstar series - devoured those. So many of them I liked..but the one you guys are reading - not so much - not the story though more the verbose writing...I don't mind grammar mistakes or editing mistakes but if you over explain continually, I will lose interest.

I love MC & Rockstar and will give any a go but the Sinners - I have hung up my hat after book 1 - can't see me going back

message 34: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am finishing up my current book, but will then start this one...either yet tonight or tomorrow. Assuming of course I can stop sobbing. It is hard to read through the tears. This book is phenomenal...The Heart's Invisible Furies.

Paula White | 796 comments ooh and the Dartmoor series - need to get back on that - loved that one...so many MC books that are brill!

message 36: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Paula--yeah, I've heard that Fanetti pissed off a bunch of people. I don't know what happened, but I can imagine (view spoiler) and I DO want to read that series, and I've read the first two Nine Minutes books, which were really good. And I also loved the Dartmoor books that I've read so far.

I haven't read any of the rocker books you mentioned. Will have to check those out. I know I'm going to try the Cimms one.

message 37: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments Yup! Fanetti'd! Just like I use 'he Tony'd her" two different extremes but still there

message 38: by Ela (last edited Jun 02, 2017 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments Loved the first books in Undeniable series but then the author, well you guys know...

message 39: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments Renee wrote: "Tessa--how far are you into Juniper Smoke??"

A little more than a quarter. I haven't been reading it that much yet. In my defense, though, it's 721 pages long. I should be done probably sometime tomorrow latest.

message 40: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments I read the first Anne Mercer book! I have the second. Guess what, though. I don't remember it at all. :(

Paula White | 796 comments Tessa - so many books to keep track of! I am always been told by Amazon that I already have a book - look on GR and see I have even read it!

message 42: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments lol That's me! I saw one book I thought, oooh. Then I got onto Goodreads and I rated it 5 stars. I guess it really was good? I barely remember it.

message 43: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Tessa wrote: "lol That's me! I saw one book I thought, oooh. Then I got onto Goodreads and I rated it 5 stars. I guess it really was good? I barely remember it."

Geesh! I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who does that!

I started reading Epilogue Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3) by C.J. Roberts and realized that I really need to go back and read the last few chapters of Seduced in the Dark first, so when I tried to think of another short book to fit in before we start Stone, I went with Defy Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5) by L.J. Shen and I'm LURVing it!

message 44: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments So what do y'all want me to put for the date in the title of the BR? Tomorrow? Sunday?

message 45: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments Probably Sunday so everyone gets ready? I know mine will be done by tomorrow if not tonight, but I can't speak for everyone when they will be ready.

message 46: by Ela (last edited Jun 02, 2017 04:17PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments Just finished American Hellhound! 5 STAR FAVORITE! I absolutely love this author! I tried her CR and it was ok too but nowhere close to the MC world!

message 47: by Nay (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela wrote: "Just finished American Hellhound! 5 STAR FAVORITE! I absolutely love this author! I tried her CR and it was ok too but nowhere close to the MC world!"

I HAVE to get back to her series. I've only read the first two, I think.

So, is everyone OK with Sunday for this??

Leslie | 2430 comments Sounds good!

message 49: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela | 4283 comments Ditto

message 50: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Roger that...I think I am going to squeeze in my Pick For Me

« previous 1 3

Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Epilogue (other topics)
Defy (other topics)