Horror Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Interested in being an HA mod?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2796 comments Mod
We are opening a new moderator position here at HA. This mod would be totally in charge of the author promo reads (one per month) and Guest Author Invite reads (one per month). This mod would be exempt from doing the regular polls and nomination threads, unless this person wanted to do that as well, it's up to them.

This position would entail having to contact and coordinate with the authors to set everything up for promo reads, (IE how many free copies, how do our members get the copies, etc...) and then also contact and coordinate with the more established authors for Guest Invite Reads.

This is because we are now considering doing two separate author reads per month. We are trying to work out a way to give the more established authors a place to participate in a discussion, and/or give out free copies of new releases. Lucky for all of us at HA we have had a great response from many wonderful authors and now would like to have these books and authors available for our members at a faster pace.

It is our estimation that just doing the author reads and then just popping in and checking on them throughout the month would probably take 5 hours or so per month, total, give or take an hour or two. We will train you in how this is done and you will have the support of the entire current moderating staff.

Is this something you would be interested in? If so, please post below and let us know. We'd love to hear from you.

message 2: by Char (new)

Char  | 13645 comments Mod
Oh, this is perfect! Thanks a lot, Wendy!

message 3: by Erik (new)

Erik (erikhenryvick) | 10 comments I am interested! However, I am an indie author and am hoping to submit my work to these programs. Would it be okay to do both?

message 4: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2351 comments I have time too.

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2351 comments I have time too.

message 6: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 1511 comments Mod
I would be interested.

message 7: by Char (new)

Erik wrote: "I am interested! However, I am an indie author and am hoping to submit my work to these programs. Would it be okay to do both?"

Hi Erik! You may sign up in the sign up thread, but as an author taking part, that would disqualify you from the mod position. Thanks for your interest just the same!

message 8: by Erik (new)

Erik (erikhenryvick) | 10 comments No problem, I understand.

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet | 2 comments I would be interested and have all the time in the world I can dedicate to this!

message 10: by Jay (new)

Jay (okay_jay) | 215 comments As long as there is training involved, I'm interested.

message 11: by Steven (new)

Steven Orlowski (stevenorlowski) | 1 comments Hi.
If you are still looking I am interested.
Thanks,
Steve

message 12: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2351 comments Guess several of us are keen. Please let us know when you've decided.

message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula (captaintrips1985) | 3 comments I would be very interested in this.

message 14: by WendyB (new)

Thanks everyone for all the interest.
The mods will be discussing this and will let you know what we decide very soon.

message 15: by Char (new)

Yes, thanks for the interest and response, everyone! We'll be back with you soon. :)

message 16: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Dees | 122 comments Hey guys just got back from monster hunt near end of summer and haven't been on in awhile so I thought I'd check up on everyone and seen this i am very intrested just to let you know and have a good one thx

message 17: by WendyB (new)

ichigo kurosaki wrote: "Hey guys just got back from monster hunt near end of summer and haven't been on in awhile so I thought I'd check up on everyone and seen this i am very intrested just to let you know and have a goo..."

Thanks for your interest but we have already filled the mod position. If another spot becomes available we'll post and discuss it. Thanks again.

message 18: by Garrett (new)

Garrett Dees | 122 comments a tear rolls down my face
I guess i was to late

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.