Play Book Tag discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
Archive: Other Books > The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 802 comments In this book, the author writes about a circus that comes to town without notice and is like no other. Morgenstern beautifully describes the sites, smells and overall atmosphere of it. The fact that it opens at night makes it more mysterious. The circus characters are all talented, but upon closer looks things may not be what they seem.

There is a challenge going on between two people within the circus, Celia and Marco. It was set up by their teachers/guardians when they were young, and they cannot get out of it. However now that they are older, they have fallen in love with each other and the game between them has changed. This affects more people who also have begun to realize this.

The author created a wonderful story that came together well and connected all the characters at the end. I strongly recommend this book.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments Loved this book. Probably the best use of the 2nd person narrative I've seen.

message 3: by Flo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Flo (matthewmurdock) | 145 comments I didn't think I would be into this book since it's so different from what I normally read, but I loved it and it was so original! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Kelly | 802 comments Flo wrote: "I didn't think I would be into this book since it's so different from what I normally read, but I loved it and it was so original! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)"

I agree it was very original! I did not know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised by the book.

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8519 comments I just loved it. I know it got mixed reviews. But I was in the great enjoyment camp. But

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5801 comments It was a 4-star read for me. I have a signed first edition.

LibraryCin | 8327 comments And this was one fantasy I really liked! It was either 4.5 or 5 stars for me. It made my favourites the year I read it the first time.