Jewel High School discussion

Classrooms > Psychology

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber | 100 comments Mod
This the the psychology classroom.

message 2: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Mr. Moran is the teacher here.

message 3: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Mr. Moran waited for his students to file in. He had an interesting lesson planned for today and he was excited to announce it. "Ok class, settle down. Settle down. I want to do an assignment today that observes observation. I want you to make up a profile on a partner that you pick. Use your observations and your interactions to make up the profile." He said.

message 4: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe turned in her seat to watch the teacher. She liked psychology and thought it was super interesting. It didn't hurt that it was an impressive elective that colleges liked to see

message 5: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson listened to Mr. Moran talk about the assignment. It was really cool and he was pretty excited about it as psychology was his favorite subject. She it was announced they would need partners, he found himself turning to Chloe. He probably should try to meet more people as he always seemed to be asking Chloe to be his partner.

message 6: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe nodded. She had already started to mentally profile Dawson, and he seemed like he really liked psychology

message 7: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) To get an idea of Chloe, he asked her a question. "You are stranded on an island and can take three things, what do you take?" He asked, pen ready to scribble down her response.

message 8: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Wait, does the island have wifi?" Chloe asked. She knew how to pretend to be a dumb cheerleader, she had made up her own profile for that side of herself. The obvious answer if the island had wifi was a laptop, fully charged, that was it. She could hack or communicate, depending on other factors. If there wasn't wifi, she could say a helicopter or plane since she knew how to fly on. And her phone, no matter what, she had to have her phone

message 9: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson smiled. He knew she was playing dumb because from previous conversations he knew she was quite intelligent. "For our sake, no. No wifi on this island. Just jungle and beach." He replied.

message 10: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "K, my phone, fully charged, a functional gps, and my helicopter," Chloe said, twirling her ponytail around her finger

message 11: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson nodded. Helicopter was smart, especially since she could fly. A fully charged phone definitely had its uses, especially with all of the offline apps that were available. A GPS was also a great idea as once she got in the air she would need which way to go. He nodded, jotting a few things down. "You wanna ask any questions?" He asked.

message 12: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Do you wanna be famous? If you do, what in the world is wrong with you?" Chloe said

message 13: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Do I wanna be famous?" He said thinking about it. It would be kinda cool getting special treatment everywhere you went, but then again, there seemed like a ton of extra baggage that came with it. "Nah, I don't wanna be famous, but it would be cool to be influential." He replied.

message 14: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "You'll find those a basically the same most of the time," Chloe said quietly. "Interesting answer though."

"Anymore questions for me?" Chloe asked

message 15: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Just one." He responded readying his pen and notepad. "Is it better to have loved and lost or lived and never have loved at all?" He asked. It was a tacky question but he thought it could say a lot about the person who answered it.

message 16: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe arched an eyebrow.

"That's like asking an orphan if they would rather have known their parents and post them or never known them at all. It's really a matter of opinion and perspective." She said, kind of dodging the question, although not entirely on purpose.

message 17: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "As true as that is, it's not an answer." He replied with a sly grin.

message 18: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "It is an answer, just not the one to the question you asked," Chloe countered. She was definitely dodging the question now, partially for fun

message 19: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson gave an annoyed look, and replied with, "while I'm aware that answers are not always provided to the questions we ask, I know you can answer the one given to you."

message 20: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe smirked at and replied "The question is not whether I can answer the question, it's whether I will answer it."

message 21: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "And so we seem to be at a stand still so I ask you yet another question." He said, smiling at the apparent battle of wits. "Will you answer the previous question?"

message 22: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe laughed. "I will, just maybe not right now."

Checkmate, Chloe thought

message 23: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Is there really a right or wrong way to answer the question? It's it truly better to have loved and lost, dealing with the immense amount of pain that comes with it? Or is it better to have lived and never loved at all without experiencing the sweet emotion but not having to deal with the loss that comes with it? I ask you to choose one. One that you think is right." He said studying her intently.

message 24: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((She said not right now, but now didn't show up))

message 25: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) ((Ooooohhhhhh I shall edit his response.))

message 26: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "There is no better time than the present, as the past is behind us and untouchable, and the future just out of our reach and uncertain." He responded, scribbling furiously on his pad, writing down all his thoughts so he did not miss anything. He didn't need her to answer the question anymore for her counters provided ample information, but now he wanted to get it out of her just to see if he could do it.

message 27: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) ((Btw, I'm not going to be able to reply for the rest of today. Watching the new Wonder Woman movies!!))

message 28: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) ((Ok, have fun then! Hope it's good!))

message 29: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "And if I've already answered this in the past?" Chloe said

message 30: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Then withholding the answer now is pointless. What is a word if not shared and made known. If you think your response a secret, then a useless secret it is as it has already been told." He riddled, thoroughly enjoying the conversation.

message 31: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Well, fortunately for me, I haven't answered it in the past, I was just clarifying," Chloe said. She was interested to see if he could get her to answer.

((It was SO AMAZING!!!!))

message 32: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson studied her intently, grasping for a response. "Well there's a first time for everything isn't there?" He said, determined to coax it out of her.

message 33: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) ((That's awesome!))

message 34: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "If something's never been done before and is easily done, there's a reason it's never been done before," Chloe said, impressed that he could keep up with her. Most of the time people just gave up and stared at her

message 35: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) She seemed to be quite adamant that she didn't want to answer. "You may have your reasons but you have not specified them as being good reasons. To me anyways, it seems that it's about time you gave an answer." He replied after a moment.

message 36: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Just because I haven't explained my reasons to you doesn't mean that they are insufficient. My main reason is I simply do not wish to answer this particular question at this time," Chloe said. She was lying about that last bit but he didn't need to know that

message 37: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson looked her up and down. "Alright, you win, but you still have to answer a question. Would you rather be eating a candy bar and have it taken away for good or never have tried the candy bar so you can't be sad at not knowing what you missed but you can't be happy at what you once had?" He asked, a sly smile playing out on his face.

message 38: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Did you honestly think that rephrasing the question would get me to answer it?" Chloe said, arching an eyebrow

message 39: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "I though I might give it a shot. I mean, I wasn't just going to give up on it now was I?" He replied with a laugh.

message 40: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "I'm afraid you'llhave to, seeing as I have no plans of answering the question at any point today," Chloe said, smirking

message 41: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson sighed. "Fine, as you wish. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink I guess." He said.

message 42: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Quite right," Chloe said. Typically, people would rise to the bait of being called a horse, but Chloe knew better

message 43: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Want to reveal your profile firs or should I?" He asked, finishing up a sentence on his pad.

message 44: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "You go first," Chloe said

message 45: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson nodded, "alright, here you go. You like the fact that you are popular and have good standing with people. You like to surprise people with your intelligence and take every chance you get to prove the dumb cheerleader stereotype wrong. You are stubborn as a mule and definitely won't give up easily on anything. You enjoy the highlife and definitely enjoy the finer things. One of the things that seems to be prevalent in your choices and actions is proving yourself and showing there's more to you than just a pretty face. All very admirable traits it seems." He replied, checking to see if he missed anything he wrote down.

message 46: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Not bad," Chloe said. "You wanna hear yours now?"

message 47: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) "Might as well." He responded with a nervous laugh wondering what exactly she was going to say. It was weird having someone profile you, like they are dissecting your mind and examining you.

message 48: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) "Well, you aren't especially popular and you like it that way. You would probably rather be behind the scenes than a big mover and shaker. You are probably almost as stubborn as I am, but you're able to recognize when you've been beaten. Based on you second question, I'd say you're probably a bit of a romantic. Overall, is say you're a pretty interesting guy," Chloe said

message 49: by Mac (new)

Mac K (mac_k99) Dawson gave a small smile, "I'd say I know when a battle is unwinnable, but I'll accept it. Not bad at all there Chloe." He responded with a hint of teasing in his voice.

message 50: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Chloe grinned back. "Yours was better," Chloe grudgingly admitted

« previous 1