Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

JUNE - VILLAINS & ANTIHEROES > Villainous recommendations

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
More recommendations on today's post: http://ofwonderland.com/2017/06/01/wo...

message 3: by Francesca (last edited Jun 01, 2017 03:25AM) (new)

Francesca | 52 comments The best book/s for both villains and antiheroes (in my personal opinion) is: A Game of Thrones and, in fact, the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series.

With a few exceptions, none of the characters in that series are wholly good or bad. Most of them fall somewhere in the middle and there are so many shades of grey all over the place because nothing is black and white.

message 4: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Crivelli (brunettegirl27) | 102 comments Hello readers,
so I am stuck with my YALC readings for the next couple of months and since I have also a few series that I need to start before the event I hope I have something villain/antiheroes-ish to partecipate to the theme.
What do you recommend between these?
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- The State of Grace by Rachael Lucas
- The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwin Hamilton
- Wolf By Wolf by Ryan Graudin
- Margot & Me by Juno Dawson
- The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinsa Salisbury
- Truth or Dare by Non Pratt

message 5: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Alessandra wrote: "Hello readers,
so I am stuck with my YALC readings for the next couple of months and since I have also a few series that I need to start before the event I hope I have something villain/antiheroes-..."

Definitely ADSOM!

message 6: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (ontheothersideofreality) | 183 comments This is such an exciting theme! It definitely lends itself to very diverse recs that span many genres and age ranges. Some of my favorite antihero and villain books would have to be:

- The Vampire Lestat - in fact, any Vampire Chronicles book featuring Lestat would be a perfect fit.
- Witches Abroad - any book in Terry Pratchett's Lancre Witches series would be perfect as well, but Witches Abroad, a loose Cinderella retelling, is my all-time favorite.
- The Amulet of Samarkand
- Artemis Fowl
- The Hobbit
- The Foxhole Court
- Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
- Phantom of Blood Alley
- The Blackthorn Key

Happy reading, everyone!

message 7: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Arika (onceuponabookishnerd) | 239 comments Mod
Anybody have some good villains/anti-hero books that they liked listening to on audiobook? I need a new audiobook to listen to...

message 8: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Arika wrote: "Anybody have some good villains/anti-hero books that they liked listening to on audiobook? I need a new audiobook to listen to..."

Illuminae or Six of Crows?

message 9: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

lucie wrote: "Arika wrote: "Anybody have some good villains/anti-hero books that they liked listening to on audiobook? I need a new audiobook to listen to..."

Illuminae or Six of Crows?"

I've read Six of Crows but have heard good things about Illuminae. Thanks!

message 10: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Arika wrote: "lucie wrote: "Arika wrote: "Anybody have some good villains/anti-hero books that they liked listening to on audiobook? I need a new audiobook to listen to..."

Illuminae or Six of Crows?"

I've rea..."

I hope you will like it! I heard that it's really good as audiobook

message 11: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Arika wrote: "Anybody have some good villains/anti-hero books that they liked listening to on audiobook? I need a new audiobook to listen to..."

I hear Illuminae is amazing as an audiobook!

message 12: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

They had the audiobook on my library's website! Just downloaded it. Thanks ladies :)

message 13: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Audio-book was amazing! Thanks for the rec! :)

message 14: by Ella (new)

Ella (novellyella) Ellie wrote: "This is such an exciting theme! It definitely lends itself to very diverse recs that span many genres and age ranges. Some of my favorite antihero and villain books would have to be:

- [book:The V..."

I'm ashamed to say the only one I've read on your list, Ellie, is The Hobbit! But ahhhh all these books sound so good omg. Thanks for recommending them!

message 15: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Arika wrote: "Audio-book was amazing! Thanks for the rec! :)"

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!