In A Bookish Reverie discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 70 comments Mod
Alright guys, now we start Harry Potter! :D

Part 1 Chapter 1-4
Part 2 Chapter 5-9
Part 3 Chapter 10-14
Part 4 Chapter 15-17

Nikki | 3 comments Part 1

I know a lot of people like the first book best because that's where the magic starts, but the first 2 books don't have nearly enough details for me. This is such a short book everything is moving so fast. One thing I never really noticed about this series is that the first few books are written at a middle grade level, but as the books go on they're written more for young adults and adults. It was nice when they were first coming out because the readers were growing up with Harry, but now it just seems odd how much the writing changes. Especially considering how dark the later books get yet are still sold in the children's section at bookshops. Still, one of my favorite series of all time and I can't wait to keep reading.

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 70 comments Mod
Nikki wrote: "Part 1

I know a lot of people like the first book best because that's where the magic starts, but the first 2 books don't have nearly enough details for me. This is such a short book everything is..."

Yes! I totally noticed that the last time I read through them; the style and complexity develops more and more with each book. I'm actually going to read the first two with my niece and then I'll probably just have to read them to her since she's only 8, but it's super incredible how HP has aged and remained relevant.