Public Domain Readers discussion

C.N. Williamson
This topic is about C.N. Williamson
Monthly Themed Archives > June 2017 focus - Williamson

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sawako (new)

Sawako | 480 comments Mod
Each month we will read a public domain book in a certain genre, about a particular subject, or by an specific author. Report which book or story you've decided to read. Feel free to discuss what you're reading and the author's writing style. Don't forget to leave a review of your selected work.

Thanks to Sruthi for suggesting this month's read. We will read books written by A.M. and C.N. Williamson.

A.M. and C.N. Williamson's books on Gutenberg.

message 2: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 360 comments Mod
I have read The House by the Lock by them. I really enjoyed it. It starts out as an adventure story, and then turns gothic at the end. I've also read The Lion's Mouse. It was an okay book. It focused on loyalty to friends.

I have Set in Silver and My Lady Cinderella on my TBR list.

message 3: by Sawako (new)

All these books sound interesting, I will add them to my TBR list. They also wrote It Happened in Egypt. I am really curious to read that as well.

message 4: by Lanelle (new)

Sawako wrote: "All these books sound interesting, I will add them to my TBR list. They also wrote It Happened in Egypt. I am really curious to read that as well."

It does sound interesting and typical of their style of book, which is a travelogue. Perfect for summertime.

message 5: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "It does sound interesting and typical of their style of book, which is a travelogue. Perfect for summertime. "

Yes. Especially, I am from Egypt 😉

message 6: by Lanelle (new)

*smacks self in forehead* I didn't even catch that. I would be interested if the book is still accurate, Sawako.

message 7: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "*smacks self in forehead* I didn't even catch that. I would be interested if the book is still accurate, Sawako."

I am so looking forward to finding that out. 😉

message 8: by Azuma-chan (new)

Azuma-chan | 49 comments I dedicated June to read more about Arsene Lupin and already selected 10 books to finish this month. As for summer, I think I'll read more than that.

What are books written by A.M. and C.N. Williamson. about?!
Are they about travel?! I looked them up, but couldn't find the genre.

message 9: by Sawako (new)

I think their books focus on travel and adventure. I am not sure because the authors are new to me. I checked the author's page on Goodreads.

Charles Norris Williamson (1859–1920) was a British writer, motoring journalist and founder of the Black and White who was perhaps best known for his collaboration with his wife, Alice Muriel Williamson, in a number of novels and travelogues.

That's awesome! I will read Arsène Lupin in July. I am currently watching Magic Kaito. I wanted something funny and quick. The anime is 12 episodes only.

message 10: by Lanelle (new)

I was in the mood to re-read The House by the Lock. It's such a good story.

Maybe I can get to one of the Williams' books before the end of the month.

message 11: by Sawako (new)

Hey! I apologize for not being active this month. What can I say, life! I am trying to catch up with my reading. And I mean it. All the books that I requested from openlibrary.org are being available to me all at once. So, I must read like the wind. I started reading It Happened in Egypt. It's interesting. There is a woman who thinks she's Cleopatra reincarnate.

message 12: by Lanelle (new)

Sawako wrote: "Hey! I apologize for not being active this month. What can I say, life!"

I don't like it when life gets in the way of my reading :)

message 13: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "I don't like it when life gets in the way of my reading :)"

Same here! I am super excited for July. I bet you picked something amazing for us to read. 😊

message 14: by Lanelle (new)

Sawako wrote: "I bet you picked something amazing for us to read. 😊"

Hah! No pressure, right?

message 15: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "Hah! No pressure, right?"

Yes, no pressure. 😉 Can you give us a hint?

message 16: by Lanelle (last edited Jun 28, 2017 06:40AM) (new)

Sawako wrote: "Can you give us a hint?"

Instead of a hint, I went ahead and posted next month's theme. I'm really looking forward to this theme!