Play Book Tag discussion

Cloud Atlas
This topic is about Cloud Atlas
May 2017: 2004 > Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1431 comments The book consists of 6 interconnected stories. Each story is interrupted by the next and the book follows the pattern of stories 1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2,1. I found it a bit hard to follow, especially stories one and two since they are spaced so far apart in the book. I liked the Luisa Rey and Somni stories the best. Zachary's story was really hard to read since it was written in an odd dialect. Overall the book was interesting but I'm glad I'm done with it.

Nicole | 428 comments I stared reading this early this month and I am really struggling to get into the first story. I have to say, if I didn't know I was going to quickly transition to a different story line, I'd probably have abandoned it by now.

Elise (ellinou) | 524 comments Luisa Rey and Sonmi were my favourites also. For Zachary, once I got into the groove I just real along as normal and wasn't bothered by the odd writing. It was like reading the dialogue of a character with an accent for 100 pages in a row XD