Salem Prepatory~Under new moderation discussion

~|Moderator's Corner|~ > ~{|Moderator Conversation|}~

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Hey

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 30 comments Mod
Hello.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments I'm hoping that maybe we can collaborate when it comes to the Headmasters knowing each other.

Alright. Mine is going to be named Lilith, unsure of the surname just yet. 28 years old.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Maybe she's decended from the founder of the prepatory but doesn't know her true surname. Her adopted Surname can be something more human? <-just suggestion you don't have to use the idea.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments

Alonzo Scott Barrington -30

more human?

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Meaning if she was born witch she would be adopted by humans.....

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments What kind of Collaboration should Alonzo and Lilith have?

message 10: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』, Headmaster of the Prepatory (last edited May 30, 2017 08:35PM) (new)

If you want, they could either have been lovers, maybe ex's, or a long distance thing. Or they could be siblings? Open to suggestions.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Maybe they're eachother's soulmates and have had a fall out and are trying to make a long distant relationship work.

Alright. so soulmates are a thing in this universe, like an actual thing/fact and not just a concept/belief?

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments I believe in soulmates

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments morning

I mean for the role play.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments oh yeah

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments As far as the schools go I would like the two of us as Headmasters to establish rules and supply lists as well.

Alright.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Do you want to Brain Storm together?

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Evening

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments If you are online I do need to know what kind of story are we going with for the head masters.

I am now, and I did suggest a few.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Mind running those ideas past me again?

message 24: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 23 comments Mod
So I know it's not my place to just start spouting out thoughts, but I want to help as much as possible.

Giving thoughts to classes and such if we are going on a HP theme it shouldn't be too hard to find the necessities, however, if we are going on a strictly imaginative format let's get creative. I of course can help with both, but I must ask are we doing the Preparatory or the University? Is one located in Salem, Massachusetts the other in Washington or both in the same place?

Also, With humans mingling with Witches/Wizards or however you wish to refer to the magical blood how does the magic genetics take effect?

I can help provide thoughts to all these questions if still unanswered. But if there are answers I would like to know where we are launching from.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments It's okay to ask questions and I believe I have answers.

1.)As far as classes and such some in the Prepatory were based on HP.

2.)Both schools are going to be used. Prepatory- Being in Massachusetts and University- Being in Oregon.(Most of the information I have set up for the University explains a bit)

3.)Humans are excepted at the University of Magic because the founder solely believed that humans could learn the same magic. They don't have Magical Genetics at all unless someone in their ancestors fell in love with a human. (Hope that makes sense)

As you can see I am not speaking much on the Prepatory because I was hoping that maybe all of us can work together on it or we can split the effort and have two mods finishing up on the University and two working together on the Prepatory.

I hope that clears up a lot of what's on my mind at 2:29 am. I just woke up but when I saw this I thought it would be nice to reply that way if I go back to bed you can read this and address questions my way.

message 26: by Jacob (new)

So for genetics witches marry other witches and consort with one another, but if a witch gets with a human it could be witch or human for offspring, correct?

Ok, it is believed humans can practice magic, but is it possible for them to harness and succeed?

Okay so I found the positions list I'm assuming to be also a given list for classes. I am not at all criticizing I just am throwing the suggestion perhaps not putting magical in front of every class is a practical move...perhaps being more original. I'm really just wanting to help you get the best out of your group. Naturally it is magical as it is a magic school.( e.g.)
History of American Witchcraft
Herbs and Potion
Witch Literature
Dark Practices
Magical Creatures of the East
Magical Creatures of the West
Healing Practices
Elemental Harnessing
Broom Flying

other possibles:
Seer Divination (Methods of divining the future: Astrology, palmistry, crystal ball reading, arithmancy, etc...)((You can also categorize those other ways of divining into single classes. Make Seer Divination for those gifted with seeing into the future without the use of magic.))

Study of the Mind (Practicing telekinetic abilities)

Defensive Wandwork - (Teaches defensive spells)

Offensive Casting - (Teaches offensive spells without the harshness of using the dark arts.)

Study of Dangerous Beast (Magical creatures such as dragons, trolls, giants, etc...explored up close and personal.)

Power of Runes (Use of rune magic)

Anatomy & Genetics (Studying the anatomy and genetics of other being-like creatures and hybrid races.)

message 27: by Jacob (new)

Thank you btw, sorry I forget to use my P's and Q's sometimes.

As for the split up idea that sounds brilliant I will gladly assist in either the Preparatory or University

Mimi Angel of Love wrote: "Mind running those ideas past me again?"

Well there was the siblings and the lovers ideas.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Let me take this a little bit at a time I read this and to be honest got a little irratable. Now that I've taken a few deep breaths I can get to the point. Basically what I'm saying is that Humans with the witch or wizard ancestors will be the most likely to succeed in the University because gifts are given every three generations.

As for the humans who have no witch or wizard genes in their family will have to be classically trained from freshmen year which they will spend in the Prepatory until they succeed in taking the entrance exam for the University.

If you look through the character claims you can see the types of classes I've got up already. If that's not original enough I'm sorry.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ʜɪᴀᴛᴜs』 wrote: "Mimi Angel of Love wrote: "Mind running those ideas past me again?"

Well there was the siblings and the lovers ideas."

But what about the prepatory and things to that nature.

What do you need ideas for, I'm not sure what you have and have not thought out already.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Have you looked at any of the stuff I added to the group at all. I was actually hoping at the time that we could brainstorm everything about the schools but since then I was able to start up on the University and there are two additional mods now. So I'm thinking that you and Jacob could sort out what you two believe would be best for the prepatory. I sugguest reading the things I've already done so that you know what I've got in mind.

message 33: by Jacob (new)

Prepatory sounds grand!!! Only if you are sure to make sure it is running smoothly to your own idea.

Rules & Regulations (I expect would be similar in suite with the University's.)

Faculty & Staff

Students

Courses/Curriculum

Classrooms

Housing

Common Areas (Park, Dining Area, Library, etc...)

Brainstorm what do you guys think?

message 34: by Jacob (new)

gtg mates, pulling a 3 hr sleep session before heading to work for eight hours. Should be able to reply later in the night.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Hello Jacob that is perfectly fine. I'm actually going to be working on the University. By the way I'm also working on Amelia Barrington in the Workshop.

message 36: by Jacob (last edited Jun 05, 2017 09:50PM) (new)

Sounds grand, Mimi!
Her name is gonna be Abigail Camellia Barrington if it's okay that I name her. For her name I wanted some connection between the two, mother and daughter. Amelia is statistically a sister name to Abigail. As for the middle name Rose is a flower, but I feel that her mother's personality is borderline outside the box always extending the crowd to a broader horizon. Of course this is me judging a book by it's cover, but right now it's all I have to go on with pics and name and so forth. I gave her the name Camellia because it is still in the flowering plant genre and at the same time holds hints of her mother's first name, Amelia with more MEL sound than MIL sound. Naturally, I presumed the surname to be the same.

message 37: by Quil, Counselor (new)

Quil (creative_quil) | 10 comments Mod
I personally find that very genious and very sweet :)

message 38: by Jacob (new)

thanks ^_^ but it's up to Mimi

What is needed from me?

Let's go with the lover collab, if you want. Heck, I'm down to make a child if you want.

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ʜɪᴀᴛᴜs』 wrote: "What is needed from me?

Let's go with the lover collab, if you want. Heck, I'm down to make a child if you want."

twins, one at each location?

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Jacob wrote: "Sounds grand, Mimi!
Her name is gonna be Abigail Camellia Barrington if it's okay that I name her. For her name I wanted some connection between the two, mother and daughter. Amelia is statisticall..."

That sounds great actually I hope that you enjoy Amelia once I am finished making her.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ʜɪᴀᴛᴜs』 wrote: "What is needed from me?

Let's go with the lover collab, if you want. Heck, I'm down to make a child if you want."

I would like you and Jacob to work together on formulating information about the Prepatory. See example University folder.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Jacob wrote: "Sounds grand, Mimi!
Her name is gonna be Abigail Camellia Barrington if it's okay that I name her. For her name I wanted some connection between the two, mother and daughter. Amelia is statisticall..."

Please make Character claims as well please

Quil wrote: "I personally find that very genious and very sweet :)"

Okay lady I need you to look at character claims and faceclaims and let me know what you want again because I forgot already.

message 44: by Jacob (new)

Wickling Hiatus - do you wish to brain storm the staff and students rules together or divide them between one another if divide them do you mind if I do the staff ones?

Jacob wrote: "Wickling Hiatus - do you wish to brain storm the staff and students rules together or divide them between one another if divide them do you mind if I do the staff ones?"

We can brainstorm together.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments Hope you guys are having a great day.

message 47: by Jacob (new)

Thanks, Mimi, you too.
I witnessed my sister's wedding today three days before my birthday.

Wickling, Sounds grand would you like a pm discussion or perform our draft in a topic we make for it?

message 48: by Jacob (new)

The intro bit I did was really me messing around seeing what sounded right in bits. Basically me thinking out loud. We can change it no problem.

Mimi Angel of Love | -1 comments I hope that you like Amelia.

Jacob wrote: "Thanks, Mimi, you too.
I witnessed my sister's wedding today three days before my birthday.

Wickling, Sounds grand would you like a pm discussion or perform our draft in a topic we make for it?"

Jacob wrote: "The intro bit I did was really me messing around seeing what sounded right in bits. Basically me thinking out loud. We can change it no problem."

A thread sounds best.

« previous 1