Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

In Men's Shadows
This topic is about In Men's Shadows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > Book Cover Update

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ali (new) - added it

Ali Vyain | 26 comments Please update the cover for this book. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Goodreads creates alternate cover editions (ACEs) when existing covers change, instead of replacing them. This has been done for your new cover: In Men's Shadows

(Cover from publisher.)

As author, you can set which edition is shown as the default: How do I set the default edition for a work?

message 3: by Ali (new) - added it

Ali Vyain | 26 comments Thank you.

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Austin (lynnaustin) | 6 comments Can someone please update the cover for my book Fly Away? Here is at the Amazon link. If I need to do something different to facilitate this please let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/Fly-Away-Lynn-...

message 5: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments #4: Please do not piggyback on discussion threads about specific books (see top ⇧)—create a NEW request.

message 6: by Makala (new)

Makala Thomas Hi can someone please update the cover for my book Count Angelo or tell me how to go about doing it as I can't seem to change it myself thank you x

message 7: by Monika (last edited Jun 17, 2017 07:30AM) (new)

Monika (monikal) | 674 comments #6- Hey there, it's highly recommended that you start a new thread rather than follow up under threads which are linked to other books. Please keep that in mind next time while queuing a request.

Since your book 'Count Angelo' has already been published, we can't really 'update' the cover. GR keeps all the published covers and editions so that users can shelve the edition which they have. We, instead, create alternate cover editions, with the newer cover. You could set the ACE to default.

Amazon has already updated the book's cover, so I've created the ACE with the new cover, you can find it here.

And the paperback edition wasn't added, so I've created that here.

Thanks for reaching out!

message 8: by Watson (new)

Watson Davis (watson_davis) | 4 comments Angela wrote: "Codex wrote: "#4: Please do not piggyback on discussion threads about specific books (see top ⇧)—create a NEW request."

to Goodreads
I'm not really sure what what you mean by piggybacking.I jus..."

"Piggybacking" is when you post a request on an existing thread instead of creating a new thread.

Each request for a cover change or whatever needs to have its own thread. So you need to create a new thread. (NOTE: I am not from goodreads and don't have the knowledge to help you beyond answering the question about what piggybacking is. :) )

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.