Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Brand New Blog

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isaac (last edited May 30, 2017 06:12PM) (new)

Isaac Alder | 20 comments Hey all,
This is my new blog, fresh off the (word)press! I'm trying to grow my following in anticipation of publishing my first novel *hopefully* soon, so stop by and I'll be happy to check out yours! If you have any comments on the blog itself, I'd appreciate those as well.

https://isaacalder.wordpress.com/

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1120 comments All the very best with getting this off the ground, Isaac.

I don't have a blog!

message 3: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4588 comments Mod
Nice blog

message 4: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Alder | 20 comments I'm hoping it's worth all the effort! My brain is not used to writing little articles/posts, but all I have to do is a little reprogramming and imagine I'm ranting to my friends.

Thanks Carole! I'm not the most tech-savvy, but Wordpress is fairly user-friendly and I think I'm getting what I need out of it.

message 5: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Alder | 20 comments Thanks R.! I gave you a follow back!

message 6: by Carole (new)

Anna Faversham wrote: "All the very best with getting this off the ground, Isaac.

I don't have a blog!"

Make a blog, Anna!!!

message 7: by Carole (new)

I looked for a way to follow- I'm not on word press- I am not great at this stuff yet- I didn't see other social media yet either- If you put them on, I will follow.

message 8: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Alder | 20 comments I'm not great with technology either, but I've managed to update it so non-wordpress users can follow via email notifications. It should work..... I hope.

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1120 comments Carole wrote: "Anna Faversham wrote: "All the very best with getting this off the ground, Isaac.

I don't have a blog!"

Make a blog, Anna!!!"

But what would I say? I keep a diary - a very private diary and that and daily events which are interesting are stored ready to sprinkle in present and future wips.

I know I need to update myself. Sigh.

message 10: by Carole (new)

Really you bring a powerful part of yourself when you don't update yourself- it's so real and wonderful when people read about someone they can identify with themselves- it's such a nice feeling. Or perhaps it sparks a memory of another person in their life and brings understanding.
We are so used to reading and watching what the suits decide will be appropriate- or what their perception of what family life is about, that it so refreshing to read candid and honest account of life. This will be the stuff that our children's children should identify with us- not reality shows or sitcoms.
Anna, I love the way you write, your perceptions., descriptions. I would love to hear or read about what makes you this person.

message 11: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Alder | 20 comments Carole wrote: "Really you bring a powerful part of yourself when you don't update yourself- it's so real and wonderful when people read about someone they can identify with themselves- it's such a nice feeling. O..."

What a beautiful perspective!
I have to admit, I started a blog with the intention of using it as an advertising medium. However, within a week I have already begun to feel the effects of having a place to openly discuss (even if only to a handful of people) who I am as an author. It is very liberating to spend a few hours each week just describing my thoughts and feelings about writing, giving the world so much more than a 5-sentence bio could, and with so much more context. I definitely recommend it!

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1120 comments Yes, Isaac, Carole's got a wonderful way of opening our eyes to what we are capable of achieving. You raise the standards, Carole.

message 13: by Carole (new)

Just doin' my job, ma'am.

message 14: by Carole (new)

Isaac wrote: "Carole wrote: "Really you bring a powerful part of yourself when you don't update yourself- it's so real and wonderful when people read about someone they can identify with themselves- it's such a ..."

Yeah, Isaac, I didn't expect to like it either. It felt too much like homework. Julie made me do it. hahah. She is my social media manager. I was afraid I wouldn't have anything interesting to write, but I have found that I have touched people in a way I never expected. I like to think I'm leaving a little record for my grandchildren. While I hope I'm here, it great to know a part of me will be. I am writing a post about that tonight. Stop by and read it later this week when we put it up. If you scroll backwards in the blog you'll meet the whole family lol. http://caroleproman.blogspot.com/

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread