Beantown Bookworms discussion

Book clubs?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 2 comments Does anyone know of any good "in-person" book clubs in the area? I am interested in joining one. :) I like to read fiction, and read a lot of mystery.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1 comments Not sure where you're located, but Rhythm and Muse bookstore in Jamaica Plain has a wonderful book club that meets the last Wednesday of each month. You can look at my 'rhythm-and-muse' shelf to get a feel for what we read, if you're interested.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Vuillemenot | 8 comments I too would like to join a live book club. I live in Melrose.

message 4: by Mike (last edited Feb 13, 2010 12:15PM) (new)

Mike (steakbone) Is this thread still active? I'm looking for some reading friends too. Writing from Salem.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol Vuillemenot | 8 comments It's still active but hanging by a thread. The entries are few and far between. I hope it speeds up.

message 6: by Roy (new)

Roy (newenglandhiker) | 18 comments There hasn't been much activity here but I have interest in sharing information on books, either here or (preferably) live. Located in South Hamilton.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Vuillemenot | 8 comments South Hamilton is too far away for me to join you. You can read my reviews on Goodreads. My daughter, Nicole, has terrific reviews and she reads at least one book a week.

message 8: by Roy (new)

Roy (newenglandhiker) | 18 comments If there is a get-together, I will gladly drive to a convenient spot. Thanks to Carol for the note about book reviews.

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 1 comments I joined the South Shore Readers. That good meets regularly, once a month at Borders in Braintree.

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol Vuillemenot | 8 comments If you know of any book clubs in the Melrose area that has membership openings, please let me know. I'm still keeping my ears and eyes open for a chance to join one. Thanx.

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol Vuillemenot | 8 comments Maybe I should just start a Melrose-area book club. Anyone interested?

message 12: by Roy (new)

Roy (newenglandhiker) | 18 comments I'm game. Though I live a bit north of there, I'm willing to drive.

Audra (Unabridged Chick) (unabridgedaudra) Any in the Watertown/Cambridge area?

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 8 comments If you search on Meetup.com there are some book clubs on there...one of which meets once a month in Central/Harvard Square in Cambridge.

message 15: by Sue (new)

Sue Carol wrote: "Maybe I should just start a Melrose-area book club. Anyone interested?"

I live in Melrose too and may be interested in a book club as long as it's fairly local.