2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Angela's Reading Plan for June

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (last edited Jun 29, 2017 02:10PM) (new)

Angela | 749 comments Hoping to catch up on a few reads this month.

Series Reads

Mercy Falls - 2-3-4 - Completed 23rd June
Copper River- 2-3-4 - Completed 25th June

Buddy Reads

Red Seas Under Red Skies - FBR - Completed 6th June
Smoke and Mirrors: Short Fiction and Illusions - FBR - Completed 18th June

House of Chains - FBR - Currently Reading

Carried Over from May

Where the Dead Lie - Completed 15th June
The Seeker - Completed 9th June

Moved to July

The Anatomist's Wife - SWBC - Completed June 29th

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Enjoy your books!

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments You have some great books on your list this month. You'll have to let me know how the second Gentlemen Bastards book goes. I read the first one and was on the fence about continuing.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10916 comments Mod
Really happy to see you're reading Cork O'Connor back to back. Great list! Enjoy.

message 5: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Have a great month reading!

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) Ohhhh, I've been wanting to read a few of these for a while! The Anatomist's Wife especially. Enjoy!

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Veronica wrote: "You have some great books on your list this month. You'll have to let me know how the second Gentlemen Bastards book goes. I read the first one and was on the fence about continuing."

Will do Veronica. Nearly finished. The second half has lagged.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Thanks Jonetta. I heard it's the way to read the next two Cork O'Connor books ;).

Thanks Tracey

Allison I'm hoping I'll enjoy the book too.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Veronica, I finished Red Seas Under Red Skies and rated it a 4, but really a 3.5. I thought well the characters were great the book was too long and the ending felt really rushed. The first half of the book was much better than the second as well.

message 10: by Sharmon (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 253 comments Great List. I have fallen behind on the Cork O'Connor due to library issues but I hope to catch up soon.

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Thanks Sharmon. I can understand that. My library has every Cork O'Connor book except Mercy Falls. They probably had it at one time, but it was lost.

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Laura wrote: "Enjoy your books!"

message 13: by Angela (last edited Jun 18, 2017 02:27PM) (new)

Angela | 749 comments Finished Where the Dead Lie 5/5. The series continues to be one of my favourites. I did find the mystery a lot more harrowing this time around.

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

I completely agree about the mystery.

message 15: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments I finished Smoke and Mirrors: Short Fiction and Illusions 2/5. I think I'm just the completely wrong audience for this set of novellas by Neil Gaiman. Some short stories I enjoyed, others I found weird and quite juvenile.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Something had to give and I've removed Malice from my list for June. Will have to look to pick it up another time.

message 17: by Angela (last edited Jun 25, 2017 03:28PM) (new)

Angela | 749 comments Back up to date with Cork O'Connor. 4/5 for both Mercy Falls and Copper River. I found the ending of Mercy Falls a bit far fetched. Copper River I actually didn't mind Cork having more of a back seat. Loving this series.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

I still haven't gotten to Copper River but will this week. The Karen Rose book turned out to be 28 hours!!!!

message 19: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments 28 hours. That's so long!

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

That it is but it's also SO good!!!

message 21: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Finished my last book for the month The Anatomist's Wife 4/5. I enjoyed this a lot more than Lady Julia Grey. Kiera was front and centre in solving the mystery.